Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I was married by one of those wedding chapel places, but outside by the lake. Do I reqire an annulment to freely marry in the church if/when I find Mr. Right. Obviously the first was not Mr. Right
May 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-968923 said: I was married by one of those wedding chapel places, but outside by the lake. Do I reqire an annulment t...
(Quote) Karen-968923 said: I was married by one of those wedding chapel places, but outside by the lake. Do I reqire an annulment to freely marry in the church if/when I find Mr. Right. Obviously the first was not Mr. Right
--hide--

Yes, you do, but it will likely be very simple and perhaps a "Lack of Form" type rather than a full investigative formal case. Check with your pastor to get started. If the celebrant at the wedding was a Christian minister, it may involve more, but if you were married with no preparation from your parish and without a priest it should be relatively simple. Not necessarily quick, but simple.

My annulment was a formal case and took 2 years 4 months to complete. Best wishes! Praying

Jun 23rd 2013 new
If you were Catholic and did not get a dispensation from the Bishop to marry there, and a priest did not officiate, then you may qualify for a lack of form case. Mine was lack of form. It took 3 weeks from start to finish and involved chasing down a bunch of documents. It's mostly paperwork stuff. Ask you priest and they can review your case and tell you what you need to do.
Posts 1 - 3 of 3