Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

attention and affection

Jun 24th 2013 new
I find that when I give women alot of attention, they pull back. When i pull back, they come on.
Can the women here explain that?
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Joe-682383 said: I find that when I give women alot of attention, they pull back. When i pull back, they come on.
They don't want what they can have, and they want what they don't. Weird and immature, but there it is.

Jun 24th 2013 new
Joe it is the eternal dance of the sexes. when we women act hard to get we are pursued. When we are "caught" sometimes we take it too lightly. I do not think anyone will ever figure it out as the male/female make-up is different by God to compliment each other,that being said as a women ages she realizes (wises up ) that nice and steady men are the sexy ones.
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Joe-682383 said: I find that when I give women alot of attention, they pull back. When i pull back, they come on.
A good book to read about distancers and pursuers is:
The Dance of Intimacy by Harriet Lerner, Ph.D
(The Dance of Anger/The Dance of Connection)

Jun 25th 2013 new
Everyone is single for a reason. In these cases, maybe these gals are single because they're nuts.

Seriously, it doesn't sound like sane behavior.
Jun 25th 2013 new
joanna, I found this the case many times. Can't seem to express myself without the fear of this. I don't know if there is
a solution to this. thank you
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Joe-682383 said: joanna, I found this the case many times. Can't seem to express myself without the fear of this. I don't know if there is
a solution to this. thank you
Find that balance between pursuing and chasing, but always be yourself. It is okay to be slightly reserved when getting to know a lady, men have to guard their hearts too., God made us with different personalities, but Jesus was the perfection of all of them. I guess the trick for us mere mortals is to find someone who can bring out the best in us and we can bring out the best in them. Blessings
Jun 25th 2013 new
A pacing imbalance? Maybe you show attention too much/too soon; that can be scary. Or your attentions are interpreted more as desperation. However, if you pull back after being very attentive, the woman may fear she did something to lose your interest apart from having pulled back a bit. I think the push-me/pull-you, I-want-you/I-don't-want-you tendency is quite prevalent in many dating relationships. Yes, it's unhealthy. But perhaps many don't even recognize that pattern in their actions. You can't fix it if you don't know it's broken.
Jun 25th 2013 new
Way,,,way,,,too much analyzing...Death will come before all the """""""'what ifs"""""" are answered... Think with your HEART,,not with your MIND....People will always be lonely when the cerebral is in charge,,,OBVIOUSLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 25th 2013 new
I think it has something to do with that Physics guy that said.."for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".
Posts 1 - 10 of 19