Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Cheryl,
The Obama Administration must have thought we weren't paying attention.On the very day when the IRS targeting scandal broke, Secretary of State John Kerry provided a new, $1.3 billion cash stimulus for the Muslim Brotherhood.Without a press release or public fanfare, he waived human rights conditions placed on American military aid to Egypt's anti-American and anti-Israel Muslim Brotherhood government.With this action, the Obama Administration reinforces the Muslim Brotherhood even as it steps up its blasphemy prosecutions against Egypt's Christians and even as Egypt's president appointed an actual terrorist leader as governor of an important region.Speak up. Tell the Administration, tell Congress, there should be no taxpayer money for jihad.Sign the Petition to Sequester the Muslim Brotherhood.Jay Sekulow
ACLJ Chief Counsel
Jun 24th 2013 new
So do we think President Obama is a radical Muslim? It certainly seems so from his actions.
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Cheryl,
The Obama Administration must have thought we weren't paying attention.On the very day when the IRS targeting scandal broke, Secretary of State John Kerry provided a new, $1.3 billion cash stimulus for the Muslim Brotherhood.Without a press release or public fanfare, he waived human rights conditions placed on American military aid to Egypt's anti-American and anti-Israel Muslim Brotherhood government.With this action, the Obama Administration reinforces the Muslim Brotherhood even as it steps up its blasphemy prosecutions against Egypt's Christians and even as Egypt's president appointed an actual terrorist leader as governor of an important region.Speak up. Tell the Administration, tell Congress, there should be no taxpayer money for jihad.Sign the Petition to Sequester the Muslim Brotherhood.Jay Sekulow
ACLJ Chief Counsel
Part of the massive cost of defending Israel (soon to be $4 billion/year to them alone) are the billions in bribery given to it's muslim neighbors to keep the peace. We have to pay for their "friendship." Israel is a very expensive friend. For better or worse the Egyptian people elected a muslim brotherhood president. If we support democracy in these countries, we have to accept whoever the people elect. They don't like us very much, so they are going to vote accordingly. We supported oppressive dictators for a long time, and that stink will take awhile to wash off. The Islamic world doesn't hate Americans, or our freedoms as some would have you believe, just our government's Middle East policies. An article by former Congressman Paul Findley:
www.councilforthenationalinterest.org.
Jun 25th 2013 new
I disagree with you on this as usual. The muslim religion was founded on conquering, forced conversion, and rape....not exactly a peaceful religion. This is history. History also reports that Mohammed thought he was possessed and visited by demons...this I believe. Christianity was established by a man who believed in peace and sacrifice despite the fact that some of his followers are not peaceful and sacrificial, it is the basis of Christianity. Fact is that Muslims PERSECUTE Christians in their own countries that have NO MIDDLE EASTERN POLICY....your theories just don't wash and are quite scary...since with the religious persecution of Christians is going on in the middle east...now in Egypt too....what makes you think that it wouldn't happen here....
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I disagree with you on this as usual. The muslim religion was founded on conquering, forced conversion, and rape....not exactly a peaceful religion. This is history. History also reports that Mohammed thought he was possessed and visited by demons...this I believe. Christianity was established by a man who believed in peace and sacrifice despite the fact that some of his followers are not peaceful and sacrificial, it is the basis of Christianity. Fact is that Muslims PERSECUTE Christians in their own countries that have NO MIDDLE EASTERN POLICY....your theories just don't wash and are quite scary...since with the religious persecution of Christians is going on in the middle east...now in Egypt too....what makes you think that it wouldn't happen here....
....and since I posted on the internet that as per HISTORY Mohammed conquered people and forced them to become muslim while raping women and girls, I hope I don't get blamed for the next terrorist attack by the Obama administration so he can say it wasn't a terrorist attack....oh wait, we aren't in an election now.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I disagree with you on this as usual. The muslim religion was founded on conquering, forced conversion, and rape....not exactly a peaceful religion. This is history. History also reports that Mohammed thought he was possessed and visited by demons...this I believe. Christianity was established by a man who believed in peace and sacrifice despite the fact that some of his followers are not peaceful and sacrificial, it is the basis of Christianity. Fact is that Muslims PERSECUTE Christians in their own countries that have NO MIDDLE EASTERN POLICY....your theories just don't wash and are quite scary...since with the religious persecution of Christians is going on in the middle east...now in Egypt too....what makes you think that it wouldn't happen here....
Cheryl, I don't disagree with you- Islam is a very destructive and violent religion. Throwing acid in the face of little girls who have the temerity to want an education, murdering a young girl who was gang raped, because she brought "dishonor" to her family, female genital mutilation, on and on and on. I don't like it that Europe is sarcastically referred to as Eurabia- European culture is slowly disappearing. I am in no way defending Islam. My argument is we do not have the resources to wipe the Islamic faith off the map for Christianity- no one does. It is a reality that the world must learn to live with. Should we have sent troops into Egypt and make them redo their election because we didn't like the outcome? Democracy is sometimes ugly- look who we reelected here! Like Ron Paul advocated, I'd like nothing better than to remove ALL foreign aid to the Middle East, but we are too entrenched and cannot. We have made some poor choices there, but then hindsight is 20/20. I stand with the Holy Father- I do not want us to participate in any more unnecessary wars.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6