Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 25 new
Thanks for sharing your beautiful story & for giving credence to the friendship first issue. May God continue to bless you in your new life together.
Jun 25 new
(quote) Colette-443908 said: No, you're not seeing double. Moderator Dave asked me to also post this in St. Peter's Square. The original I posted is in the Married and Engaged forum.

Hi Everyone (and goodbye)!

This Saturday, Tom-59334 and I will be continuing our journey, hand in hand, to the altar on the trail that God has blazed before us. We ask you for your prayers, that God will continue to bless us as we start our married lives together.

Tom and I met here on CM years ago, and became great friends (Yes, the friend zone worked for us ). In time, our wonderful friendship blossomed into the loving relationship Tom and I now share. We've truly enjoyed the time we have spent here on CM, and we are so thankful for the many friendships God has graced us with over the years.

Looking back over the years, we can't help but grin and chuckle remembering those fun nights we spent in the Pub here on CM, the crazy Monday night CM parties, and all of those hilarious flirt threads .... not to mention the CM events that Tom and I have attended over the years (separately and together as a couple). Reminiscing about those events always bring us heartwarming memories of great fun and fellowship.

Tom and I would like to thank CM for providing the resource God used to facilitate our finding each other. We will eventually send our story and wedding pictures to "Member Stories" on this site. CM really does work..... with faith, God's grace, and a lot of patience. We wish all of you the best, and we pray that God will bless all of you in finding the love of your life. It may happen when you are least expecting it...... but it will only happen in His time.

Lots of love to you all,
Colette and Tom
Awesome story Collette! Congratulations!!!! (I sent your fianc a congrats emote too) Wishing you a life of love and happiness together!
Jun 25 new
(quote) Julie-362086 said: Awesome story Collette! Congratulations!!!! (I sent your fianc a congrats emote too) Wishing you a life of love and happiness together!
DITTO.....You two make an awesome couple. Looks like you enjoy the same types of activities which is very important in a marriage.

Congrats to both of you!
Jun 25 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Congratulations and many blessings on your wedding day and all the days that follow.
Thank you, Suzanne. Tom and I greatly appreciate your well wishes and blessings. (( Hugs)) Guess I've been away too long..... Where are all the emoticons a person used to be able to include in a response?
Jun 25 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: congratulations Colette and Tom!!! I'm very happy to read this. May God bless your union. I will keep you in my prayers.
Aww...... thank you so much, Dawn. :-) Your prayers mean a lot to us! ((Hugs))
Jun 25 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: Congratulations and best wishes to you and Tom.
First Dawn, and now another familiar face. Tom and I thank you Kevin, for your well wishes. Keep the faith..... this site does work! ((Hugs))
Jun 25 new
(quote) Beverly-649723 said: Soooo happy for you and Tom, Colette! God bless you both in your marriage, and thank you for sharing your blossoming love with all of us through your photos of RMI &II.
Tom and I thank you, Beverly..... for your friendship and warm sentiments. What a great time we all had bantering in those fun threads over the years! And thank you too, Beverly, for sharing your experiences with me as another teacher colleague. We know you couldn't make it to CM RMA 1 and 2, but there's always next year. Tom and I weren't able to handle the expense of getting married out in CO this year (the chapel alone would have cost us $1,000), but we are both hoping to return to CO next summer for some more fun and fellowship in the great outdoors. We'll let you know. ((Lots of Hugs)).
Jun 25 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Congratulations to both of you! That's really good new to hear! May God bless you now and in your future life!
Tom and I are thankful for your blessings and prayers, Carlos. Never give up...... your true love may be waiting in the wings, and you just don't know it yet! Let go, and let God (great words we use in Cursillo)! ((Hugs))
Jun 25 new
(quote) Sue-935039 said: Congratulations and best wishes to you and Tom. I pray you will have a blessed life together!
Thank you for your blessings and prayers, Sue. Tom and I will remember those still searching here in our prayers at our wedding Mass. ((Hugs))
Jun 25 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Colette.. Congratulations.. once again, and Thank You for sharing some of the things you and Tom did to get to know one another. May God continue to bless you both in your future together.
Thanks again, Dave, for your blessings. I also forgot to mention in my opening post that Tom and I were an LDR for years until this past year when I moved from Reading, PA to Columbia, MO. LDR's can work..... but both parties need to be totally dedicated to the relationship for it to succeed. ((Hugs))
Posts 11 - 20 of 71