Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Philly meet-up: Chester County

Jun 26th 2013 new
A few people have expressed they would like to go on a jaunt in Chester County. Potential activities could be visiting Brandywine Museum, the Battle Grounds, Wine-Tasting, and Mass.

The date selected will be 7/27/2013. If anyone is interested or have more ideas, let me know....

Thank you............................helen
Jun 26th 2013 new
This is a link to the Brandywine battle grounds

brandywinebattlefield.org

Jun 26th 2013 new
I lived in Chester County for 1 1/2 years (1979-1980). Beautiful country, to be sure. Our family went often to Brandywine for the war re-enactments. I hope you all enjoy your visit to that part of PA..
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Helen-881220 said: A few people have expressed they would like to go on a jaunt in Chester County. Potential activities could be visiting Brandywine Museum, the Battle Grounds, Wine-Tasting, and Mass.

The date selected will be 7/27/2013. If anyone is interested or have more ideas, let me know....

Thank you............................helen
Hi Helen,

Yes, I think I'm free that weekend but need to check to make sure. I would love to join. Please keep in mind that it's the middle of the summer and some of us do not tolerate heat very well. So maybe some indoor as well as outdoor activities can be considered in case we're in the middle of a heat wave (or it rains).

Jun 26th 2013 new
Hi Josepine, there are many indoor opportunities to fill our day. According to the hyperlink, many places are within 5-20 minutes of each other. Most of the place show their hours and charges to get into the museums or homesteads. I saw a place where they serve lunch and beverages.

I thought the battlegrounds could be visited by using a car, or their bus. We can read about the area in our comfy homes via the net. So anything anybody wants to do will be up for grabs.

We can watch the weather and decide more or less by a couple of days.
Jun 26th 2013 new
Hi Carol, Wow, I wish you could be here that weekend..I know you would make sure we saw everything in that area...and PA is a beautiful, rich in history and great place to live.

Thanks a bunch for writing! rose
Jun 27th 2013 new
Don't know if you're familiar with this group. They are from Phoenixville. I've seen them do this song several times. There music is generally uplifting but they do slow it down now and then.

www.youtube.com
Jun 27th 2013 new
Nice..good for our souls..So ...r u coming this way?
Jun 27th 2013 new
I will get to Coatesville late Friday and stay until Monday morning. I have a prior commitment in SJ on Sunday, but I am free all day Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting some fellow CMer's.
Jul 1st 2013 new
hi, just wanted to bring this thread up to date.

..it is probably a little too soon for anyone to make a commitment...

just think it over and save the date...

you might not have any other plans..

I will start a new thread in about 2 weeks ...and ask if anyone is interested
Posts 1 - 10 of 12