Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I pushed out a site update late this morning that I have to say I'm kind of excited about.

For any of you who are not aware, part of the profile has a place to enter your favorite things in a few different categories. That's all well and good, but it was a bit hard to read through, and not useful for searching.

No more! Now on Search Results as well as on Viewed Me, you can see a list of their Favorite Things, and any that you have in common will be highlighted in blue.

This has also changed the Profile just a bit. Now, in the Quick View block you will see a list of any that you have in common. And down below in the list of their Favorite Things, you can click and start a search from any of their Favorite Things, as well as add them directly to your Favorite Things.

I welcome any critique, suggestion, or "woohoo!" of this new feature.

Robin Nathan
Jun 26 new
Nathan I think its great! thanks
Although I did run into one problem today that may or may not be related.
When it changed today, it also knocked off the header pic. I had changed my header pic shortly after it was introduced and accomplished it with "No problem". Today mine was gone, along with other peoples that I know were gone also, poof!!!! It did give some instructions saying to" add or change" the header pic --I tried to put one on and it would" Not accept a picture"???
I wanted to let you know so maybe its just a temporary problem ( one thing causes another)!
I hope you can correct this, I DO like the header pic and the new change/look.
Thank you, Barbara
Jun 26 new
Nathan , Sorry I see its been fixed now!
I must have gotten on right when you first changed it!
Jun 29 new
I'll give that a WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! I think it's definately a Plus.. nice work Nate! biggrin
Jun 29 new
Woohoo for the update!

But . . . (there's always a "but...")

The blue highlighting seems inconsistent and rather incomplete. Yes, some items are highlighted, but many common items are not. For example, I rarely see "Health" and "Rosary" highlighted even though our two profiles may share them in common. This leaves the impression that there are fewer items in common than may actually be the case. The Quick View block has the same issue.

The blue highlighting seems inconsistent and rather incomplete. Yes, some items are highlighted, but many common items are not. For example, I rarely see "Health" and "Rosary" highlighted even though our two profiles may share them in common. This leaves the impression that there are fewer items in common than may actually be the case. The Quick View block has the same issue.

___________________There're 10 kinds of men in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't
The same thing happened to me. this morning, I tested this and found the same thing. I saw that tennis was a favorite for someone else...yet it wasn't highlighted. Tennis is listed as a favorite in at least 2 areas in my profile.

I also couldn't figure out how to add things to favorites from their profiles....
Jun 29 new
Nathan,

I am really excited about your Favorite Things update. I tried to do a search and could only search by my favorite things. I would love to be able to search by their favorite things....not just what we may have in common.

Jun 30 new
(quote) Helen-450889 said: Nathan,

I am really excited about your Favorite Things update. I tried to do a search and could only search by my favorite things. I would love to be able to search by their favorite things....not just what we may have in common.

To expand on Helen's thought, I recall seeing a Member Story where one of the members used a 'key word search' which led him to find his future wife. This would include using key word(s) to search anywhere in members profiles including but not limited to the favorite things area. Was this a feature from the past that is no longer used? I think it is a good idea in addition to the current Favorite Things feature.
Jun 30 new
(quote) Pam-940031 said: To expand on Helen's thought, I recall seeing a Member Story where one of the members used a 'key word search' which led him to find his future wife. This would include using key word(s) to search anywhere in members profiles including but not limited to the favorite things area. Was this a feature from the past that is no longer used? I think it is a good idea in addition to the current Favorite Things feature.
Great Idea!
Jul 01 new
(quote) Jack-752986 said: Woohoo for the update!

___________________There're 10 kinds of men in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't
That's quite intentional, but it may be more of a confusing thing than it's worth.

For years, the favorites list was limited to checking off a couple of check boxes - it was not able to be customizable at all. This was converted to the new Favorite Things. I put a threshold in of 10,000 users - if that many people have a tag, it probably was from the old system and has less weight because of how it was added.

If that seems to confusing, I can drop the threshold and just show all of them. I did do one thing slightly trixy though. The bold ones are in reverse order of the number of members who have the tag.

So what's everyone's thought on hiding the common tags? Too confusing? Just let it go?
Posts 1 - 10 of 29