Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Today we have a minority within a minority celebrating over the modern idiocy of "gay marriage" because the Supremes have now decreed that we must all celebrate perversion.

Isn't it great that 1984 has finally arrived, 29 years late. By decreee, the vast majority of Americans have now been relegated to, not just a minority status, but we are now the perverts
Jun 26 new
Unfortunately, the bare "majority" on that Supreme Court is only rubber stamping what the American people have already decided for themselves. Just look at the rise in Gay & Lesbian Pride activities. My local library system observes a month acknowledging the accomplishments of gays and lesbians as gays and lesbians.
Jun 26 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Today we have a minority within a minority celebrating over the modern idiocy of "gay marriage" because the Supremes have now decreed that we must all celebrate perversion.

Isn't it great that 1984 has finally arrived, 29 years late. By decreee, the vast majority of Americans have now been relegated to, not just a minority status, but we are now the perverts
Count me among the "enemies of the human race." Ours is no longer a difference of opinion, but evil incarnate. I wish I didn't live in the "People's Republic of Maryland." And liberals call us judgemental?
news.yahoo.com
Jun 26 new
The ONLY way we can stop homosexuality from destroying America, which it will certainly, eventually, do, is to openly declare that America is a Christian nation. We were undeniably founded as a Christian nation...a nation of Christians, by Christians, for all people. We are a Christian nation today. If America is considered a secular nation, the homosexual agenda will win every argument in any court of law. Homosexuality is a sin without shame....thiefs have shame, murderers have shame, liars have shame, but homosexuals are "proud" of themselves and always try to get others to join them.
Jun 26 new
(quote) Paul-302787 said: Unfortunately, the bare "majority" on that Supreme Court is only rubber stamping what the American people have already decided for themselves. Just look at the rise in Gay & Lesbian Pride activities. My local library system observes a month acknowledging the accomplishments of gays and lesbians as gays and lesbians.
Sadly it's more than just your library. The Federal government as a whole has a "Gay & Lesbian Month."
Jun 26 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Today we have a minority within a minority celebrating over the modern idiocy of "gay marriage" because the Supremes have now decreed that we must all celebrate perversion.

The USSC made no such ruling. One case was decided on an issue of standing, i.e., the people who appealed the District court and then the Appellate court had no authority to do so. This is not a defeat on the merits of the case; it is only a defeat on technicalities. The other case was decided on the grounds that the Federal Government has no authority over marriage. This ruling means that the Federal Government cannot pick and choose which marriages it recognizes. If the state in which the couple resides recognizes the marriage as legal, the Federal Government is required to recognize it.

The latter case does not address whether one state has to recognize gay "marriages" performed in another; that issue was not raised and was not decided. Neither case requires states in general to recognize gay "marriage"; that issue was not decided here.

The failure of the Supreme Court to rule on the merits of the first case does not mean it believes the District Court made the right decision; it means the Supreme Court has determined the petitioner does not have the authority to bring suit/appeal.

Also note that dissenting opinions tend to exaggerate issues.
Jun 26 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: The USSC made no such ruling. One case was decided on an issue of standing, i.e., the people who appealed the District court and then the Appellate court had no authority to do so. This is not a defeat on the merits of the case; it is only a defeat on technicalities. The other case was decided on the grounds that the Federal Government has no authority over marriage. This ruling means that the Federal Government cannot pick and choose which marriages it recognizes. If the state in which the couple resides recognizes the marriage as legal, the Federal Government is required to recognize it.

The latter case does not address whether one state has to recognize gay "marriages" performed in another; that issue was not raised and was not decided. Neither case requires states in general to recognize gay "marriage"; that issue was not decided here.

The failure of the Supreme Court to rule on the merits of the first case does not mean it believes the District Court made the right decision; it means the Supreme Court has determined the petitioner does not have the authority to bring suit/appeal.

Also note that dissenting opinions tend to exaggerate issues.
Personally I agree with the ruling that the Federal Government is required to recognize marriages performed by State Governments; I cannot find a single clause in the constitution giving the Federal Government such authority. I do not have an opinion on the other ruling.

That said, I do not believe gays can be considered married nor do I believe that the US Constitution grants the right.
Jun 26 new

It's awful, Paul. Now, the government will be forcing churches to "marry" these couples regardless of whether it's against their beliefs or not. Also, they overturned Proposition 8, which is a grave miscarriage of justice. How can the Supreme Court CONSTITUTIONALLY overturn something that the PEOPLE of California voted for????? They can't make laws from the bench! I think they have forgotten who they work for....

Regardless of what any government says, though, the real definition of marriage does not change. God is the ultimate Author of life, and He is the ultimate Authority. That gives me hope. He has defined marriage to be between one man and one woman, and so it will always be. biggrin
Jun 27 new
Please note, that I live in CA. I was born and raised here; this is my home state. San Diego was a wonderful place to be raised, but this has gone way over the top. It feels that my homeland, where my schoolmates once wrote in "God Bless, from XXXXXXX," in my school annuals, is going, going, gone. In its place is a state of unreality: a legal fairy tale. The definition of "marriage" has become so diluted that it is barely recognizable as what it truly was designed to be, a sacrament, under which a couple, male and female, received the grace of God, and state legal protection of an association deemed, "a family." This protection was granted for the protection of the couple to bear children, or in most cases, be willing and able to do so. Our entire culture is based on the bedrock of this sacrament, not anything else. This technically legal definition of "marriage," excludes the big picture regarding what "marriage" is really all about. The legal and the religious definitions have diverged into something that is mutually exclusive. There is no solution except to disregard the legal definition of "marriage," in states that now allow two same-sexed persons to join legally as a married couple. This is such a diluted definition of "marriage,' that is might as well be any two persons who care to be joined legally as a family. Soon we will be forced against our will, to acknowledge these so-called, "marriages." Teachers in public schools will be required to acknowledge so-called "parents," of these same-sex marriages. As if it isn't already confusing enough with parents and children with different surnames, due to divorce, remarriage, married women keeping their surnames. Now there would be the added dimension of having to refer to a same-sex couple as, "parents" Really, I feel so sorry for children who, having no choice in the matter, are adopted into these types of arrangements. How are we to refer to these people, "Mr. & Mr.," or "Mrs. & Mrs." Certainly they cannot be so arrogant to assume that heterosexual persons will refer to them as husband and wife!
Jun 27 new
How can highly appointed persons of our nation, our supposed "leaders," who studied philosophy, ethics, religion, law, culture be so ignorant and ludicrous. I sentence you to: CCD 101, or Religion in Culture 100.
Posts 1 - 10 of 45