Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: Not on there, the Diocese of Orange. We have a new Bishop and am wondering if that is why He is from Texas and is suppose to be conservative. His name is Bishop Kevin Vann. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles isn't either.
I took a look on your diocese webpage and there's a small link on the upper right-hand side, right next to the picture of your bishop. When I clicked on this link, I don't see any 'events' listed, but your bishop did write a blog about the Fortnight.

blog.ocbishop.org

I didn't find anything for the Fortnight under the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, except something from 2012.

Maybe this is part of the problem? scratchchin Not all diocese are keeping their flock informed? Or maybe they're not being informed themselves, thus don't know to inform their flock? Or maybe the information is sent to each Bishop, but someone under him decides what he sees and doesn't see, and what is put on the diocese website and what isn't ??
Jun 22nd 2013 new
I'm on vacation right now, and the church I attended here gave us a 9 day novena to pray for it. I'm sorry to say I forgot since I'm on vacation, but with this reminder, I'll start again. Thanks.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: I took a look on your diocese webpage and there's a small link on the upper right-hand side, right next to the picture of your bishop. When I clicked on this link, I don't see any 'events' listed, but your bishop did write a blog about the Fortnight.

http://blog.ocbishop.org/

I didn't find anything for the Fortnight under the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, except something from 2012.

Maybe this is part of the problem? Not all diocese are keeping their flock informed? Or maybe they're not being informed themselves, thus don't know to inform their flock? Or maybe the information is sent to each Bishop, but someone under him decides what he sees and doesn't see, and what is put on the diocese website and what isn't ??
Thank you, Wendy, for looking it up. I haven't gotten to it yet. I have been asking people if they know about it. I will check things out tomorrow at mass. I will be interested in reading the Bishop's blog. However, he is the leader of his flock and therefore up to him to put this forward. I have seen plenty of letters from the bishop in our bulletin for other causes.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
What a great idea! My visiting priest was brave enough to talk about it in church, and he did so in a manner that went over the kid's heads. He also talked about civil disobedience.
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: Thank you, Wendy, for looking it up. I haven't gotten to it yet. I have been asking people if they know about it. I will check things out tomorrow at mass. I will be interested in reading the Bishop's blog. However, he is the leader of his flock and therefore up to him to put this forward. I have seen plenty of letters from the bishop in our bulletin for other causes.
Hi Wendy, I spoke too soon! Copies of the Religious Liberty Prayer were attached to the backs of all the missals. We are saying it together during all the masses after the prayer intentions are read. I felt so moved that people in our parish took the time to do that. I should have had more faith in my pastor! We have a large parish with 9 masses on the weekends and 2 each day during the week. Lots of prayers being said!! I am sure the other parishes in the area will be doing this as well.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: What a great idea! My visiting priest was brave enough to talk about it in church, and he did so in a manner that went over the kid's heads. He also talked about civil disobedience.
I am fortunate that the priests at my parish have had the courage to speak about the attack on our religious freedoms. During a morning mass, one of our priests even mentioned President Obama's recent comments about educating children in Catholic schools.

So many do not know, mainly because our news stations report what they want us to know about, like when a sports star "comes out" or when a celebrity used a racial slur years ago.

We must not only continue to pray, but also realize we need to play a role in passing on the information we are learning.....to let others know how the slow, yet steady erosion of our religious liberties is continuing.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Denise-687929 said: Pray the rosary during the Fortnight for Freedom 6/21 - 7/4/13.

As Padre Pio always use to say give me my weapon the rosary. We have to use our weapon the rosary to defeat everything that is happening in our culture.
Amen Denise!!

Continued prayers for our religious liberties www.catholicmatch.com
Jun 30th 2013 new

A Statement on Religious Liberty

by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty

from
www.usccb.org
Jun 30th 2013 new
Today's sermon, my Pastor spoke about the attacks on religious freedom.

He began by saying some in the congregation might not think the attacks are occurring.

Then he went into detail about contraception, abortion, and same-sex marriage..fully supporting Church teachings. Skeptical CMers who say the pulpit won't take a stand would have applauded loudly.

Jul 2nd 2013 new
I signed up to receive text messages by texting 377377
I now receive updates about what is going on with Fortnight for Freedom and Bishop Lori I received an update at 5pm saying 100 religious leaders released open letter today supporting religious freedom. This issue is huge and we must all spread the word and of course, keep praying! Thank you Wendy!
Posts 21 - 30 of 33