Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 23rd 2013 new
Well said Patrick. If women demand respect from men, they should start behaving and acting accordingly like real women.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Well, after reading through these posts and trying to imagine some of the outfits being worn, I think it would nice and kind a fun if you all would put in some pictures of these clothes you prefer to wear and seen worn.
Like a real fashion show..........yeah.......that would be nice.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: Men: I really don't think it matters than much as long as he looks somewhat put together. If I could impose one law in the summer would be men have to wear a shirt in public unless they are at a public pool or beach. It is just gross to see!!!! Obviously, there are some occasions where more dressy makes sense. Although, I personally hate wearing ties because they are so uncomfortable around the neck. I think it is kind of funny that women love seeing men in ties since it doesn't affect them. I very thankful in my new job ties are not required.

Women: Skirts should definitely be below the knee. I don't think long skirts are necessary but maybe for church and other more formal occasion maybe they are good idea. I am very anti pants on women. I suppose jeans are ok for very casual events, but when I ever meet up with a woman for a date and she is wearing jeans, I instantly know she really isn't that into me. I think the most important thing is to cover the chest area. It never ceases to amaze me how many even good moral standing women take liberties in that area.

Patrick Patrick Patrick! "women love seeing men in ties doesn't affect them" oh boy... I wear dresses and skirts to church always and whenever I can otherwise, except work (uniform), but the same could be said about women's skirts...I mean this in the most charitable way.... and all that goes with them. hug hug hug
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Well said Patrick. If women demand respect from men, they should start behaving and acting accordingly like real women.
Why not respect all people, regardless of what they wear or how they behave?
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: For swimming i use a wetsuit and go when there are no men present normally if it can be managed. This keeps me warm so i don't quit just because of being cold and keeps my newfoundland knowing who i am (her human to protect and keep from drowning) since it isn't as silent as other suits in the water (or perhaps i'm just a flappy seal).

For daily wear, i am most apt to grab an A-line dress or skirt with blouse since they look OK on anyone, are modest enough for Mass, professional enough for my job, acceptable for my school despite not being leggings w/ a tight half-T (how do they wear those things anyway? although i do prefer leggings to actual hoseiry), and i don't care how appreciated they are for the rest of the real world since i prefer dresses to pants anyway. i like to wear matching business jackets and yes, shoes (i do have a cabinet with probably 100 pr of leather shoes from when i was an active sales professional making too much money with too little time so am still wearing those styles and haven't had more than 1 new pair of shoes in the last 5 years).

For men:
There is nothing better looking than a sharp-dressed man in dark suit, light colored shirt, leather wingtip shoes or moose mocs (but there are many great styles today in any of these as well). Actually, it doesn't matter what he's wearing as long as he's covered since the open-shirt/no-shirt look are not appreciated. For casual, khakis, jeans, whatever isn't too tight or noticably loose since it is pretty gross to be distracted by a man's crack. Cloths are really good on a man.

Allrrrrrrrighty then...LOL!!!!
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: The purpose of this thread is to engage other CMers to post what they like to wear that is modest, and what they like to see others of the opposite gender wear that is almost modest.

I'll start:

For casual dress, I am in love with the long, cargo skirt. It's feminine, but it is playful and comfy and casual, and depending on the fabric, it can even be somewhat dressed up.

For dressing up, I am all about layering little jackets to cover my arms, since a lot of dress tops nowadays aren't perfectly modest.

Casual for men:
I totally prefer rolled-up sleeves to short sleeves and in the summer, lighter fabrics with long sleeves.

I really don't like flip-flops on anyone.

For dress up, like for Mass, I always prefer a jacket than than just a nice shirt by itself, but that's just me.

Now that I've got the ball rolling, I'll let some other people provide their suggestions and later I'll mention the stores I prefer for modest clothes for men or women.
I like that style, Lynea. I wish I could wear those little jackets, too. I used to wear them when I lived in Chicagoland, but it's way too hot for them in Texas. When I moved here, I totally had to change my wardrobe because of the heat.
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: You started out good, but then you launched in to what YOU find attractive. Like I said earier, modesty is about protecting yourself and others from occasion to sin. I would focus more on things such as why we dress in a way to honor God as opposed to appealing to the imaginations/desires of another(which then defeats the purpose).
Hi Greg,

Yeah, we should all dress modestly, but I don't think that protects us or others from sin. If a person has a pure heart, they'll view others in a respectful manner, regardless of what they wear. If a person lacks pure of heart, lacks self discipline and entertains sin, they'll find sin anywhere, regardless of what others may wear.

Also, "attraction" is not a dirty thing. It does not mean that one's imagination is entertaining sin. Based on reading Lynea's posts in other threads, I'm certain that her definition of attraction is pure and similar to thinking that someone is "cute" or "handsome".

Celina
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Cel-501126 said: Why not respect all people, regardless of what they wear or how they behave?
Respect, i.e., deference to the judgment of another, is not mutually exclusive from deriding what passes for fashion.
Jun 25th 2013 new
Women: With warm weather, I am all for skirt below the knees, rolled up long sleeved shirt or short sleeved top covered to the neck, sweater with the sleeves tied around my neck, stockings and low heeled shoes. But when the snow flies, I am all about corduroy pants, wool knee socks, and boots, and yes, even to Mass on Sunday! For casual I like less dressy of the same, but if I am out gardening, which I do a lot, jeans and long sleeved shirt. Men: Pants and collared shirts with the sleeves rolled up if warm. Add a tie and jacked for dressy. Mass, always pants and collared shirt.
Jun 27th 2013 new
After seeing some picture of Kate Middleton, she is a good dresser. The bottom picture is my most favorite of her. In that picture I say she looks more dressed up.

ladybojangle.wordpress.com
Posts 21 - 30 of 49