Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 26th 2013 new
Elizabeth, this is all news to me, probably because I don't have tv reception (neither cable nor any basic stations), so I am not up to speed on this. Do you know the time period when she used this language? I.E. two days ago, two weeks ago, two years ago, 20 years ago? I was just curious.
Jun 26th 2013 new
"If there is anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, please pick up that stone and throw it so hard that it kills me."
~ Paula Deen, Today Show this morning.
Jun 26th 2013 new

clap Right on, Sistah! As recently as 2008 I was refused service at a luncheonette because I was white. And my daughter suffered greatly as one of the few blondes in a largely Filippino school.

I'm very tired of the notions that:
- racism is only possible if you are white
- white people are congenitally racist
- white people are guilty for the race-based crimes of their forefathers even unto the fifth and sixth generations...and even if your ancestors hadn't even immigrated that early!

Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: ...after she fessed up to making offensive recial remarks in the past,
She's a 60-year-old Southern woman. OF COURSE she's made that kind of remark.

What's that got to do with cooking?
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Right on, Sistah! As recently as 2008 I was refused service at a luncheonette because I was white. And my daughter suffered greatly as one of the few blondes in a largely Filippino school.

I'm very tired of the notions that:
- racism is only possible if you are white
- white people are congenitally racist
- white people are guilty for the race-based crimes of their forefathers even unto the fifth and sixth generations...and even if your ancestors hadn't even immigrated that early!

Thank you for concurring with my post. Political correctness is leaving out the
rest of the story. It seems the discrimination we are experiencing is not important.
That is not good for us.

I also feel that racism in itself is a survival mechanism. Recognizing your OWN
means familiarity and comfort. Who would not want to foster the strength of
your own kind.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: She's a 60-year-old Southern woman. OF COURSE she's made that kind of remark.

What's that got to do with cooking?
It has nothing to do with cooking and everything to do with sales and marketing. Image plays a big role in it all. Paula has been run through the grinder over this law suit scandal and sales has dropped considerably. How do you market a product that is not selling. It is going to take a lot more than angry loyal fans for the Southern Bell to recover and she certainly does need a miracle.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Elizabeth, this is all news to me, probably because I don't have tv reception (neither cable nor any basic stations), so I am not up to speed on this. Do you know the time period when she used this language? I.E. two days ago, two weeks ago, two years ago, 20 years ago? I was just curious.
A very long time ago when she had a gun held to her face in a bank robbery and when she worked as a bank teller at the bank that was being robbed. Have you ever had a gun held to your face. I have and it ticked me off. That all I am going to say about that incident, other than the person who pulled the gun on me wasn't black. I find it very interesting that someone just had to ask her if she ever used the n-word. Vveery interesting scratchchin
Jun 27th 2013 new
It's all marketing.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: A very long time ago when she had a gun held to her face in a bank robbery and when she worked as a bank teller at the bank that was being robbed. Have you ever had a gun held to your face. I have and it ticked me off. That all I am going to say about that incident, other than the person who pulled the gun on me wasn't black. I find it very interesting that someone just had to ask her if she ever used the n-word. Vveery interesting
Thanks for answering me Elizabeth.

So if I get this straight, our secular media has decided that the BIG and TOP news right now is about a woman who, YEARS ago, used a racial slur towards a man who held a gun to her head?

Wow, no wonder so many of us don't know about so many (really important) things happening in our country these days (the trial of the abortion doctor, Obama's slam against Catholic schools, no media coverage for the March for Life, the 61 cases and over 200 plaintiffs against the unconstitutional HHS mandate, I could go on and on)

Now I remember why I don't have cable/regular t.v. and instead choose to listen to worthy news via Christian stations on my radio and look things up via the internet. Or...when I read about them via our CM community.
Jun 27th 2013 new
All this makes me glad that I can confess to a priest in private and know that he won't be telling anyone else.
Posts 11 - 20 of 54