Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 26th 2013 new
I remember hearing that all one has to say is - I will NEVER marry - and then fate will want to challenge that. However, the notion of fate does not seem Catholic.
Jun 27th 2013 new
Greetings All

I am back after about a year of wild living. In the next few days I will be adjusting my Bio and up-dated Pix's. Please bear with me.

As a little tickler please allow this middle aged "Coot" bring all up to speed.

I met Valerie on this site about 2 years ago. We lived 600 miles away. Talked a few months and had our first date Zip Lining across the forest of West Virginia. She was 65 at the time. I was 82. We traveled back and forth several times and grew in spirit and joy.

Consider: She had her PhD. I only had a few years of college. We each had our own homes and I put mine up for sale. She was a Black Belt TKD. I have COPD but play in the mid 90's. Still beat the young guys.. We both are authors. She had 3 children I had 8 living.

She accepted my marriage proposal and we were married October 5th in St Richards Catholic Church. Honeymooned in Ireland, kissed the Blarney Stone and started a most joyous life together. We were working to start a new business in florida and purchase a new home in Siesta Key, Florida. Life was beautiful.

I was in South Carolina on a business trip March 23rd when I had a call that Valerie had fallen at home and died of a broken neck. The funeral service was held on Good Friday. Pretty sad story.

The thing I wish to say is that Life Is Good. We have to go and take it. Yes I am grieving but I also have had a great journey in the dating game and 5 1/2 months of a most glorious marriage and love afair with a beautiful lady. She was worth chasing and I was blessed to have caught her.

Please, from one who has been there do not wait for Happiness to drop in your lap. Take the courage to seek it. You will also be blessed with your success. Thanks for listening and I will answer any questions you may pose. God love

Philip

Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: Greetings All

I am back after about a year of wild living. In the next few days I will be adjusting my Bio and up-dated Pix's. Please bear with me.

As a little tickler please allow this middle aged "Coot" bring all up to speed.

I met Valerie on this site about 2 years ago. We lived 600 miles away. Talked a few months and had our first date Zip Lining across the forest of West Virginia. She was 65 at the time. I was 82. We traveled back and forth several times and grew in spirit and joy.

Consider: She had her PhD. I only had a few years of college. We each had our own homes and I put mine up for sale. She was a Black Belt TKD. I have COPD but play in the mid 90's. Still beat the young guys.. We both are authors. She had 3 children I had 8 living.

She accepted my marriage proposal and we were married October 5th in St Richards Catholic Church. Honeymooned in Ireland, kissed the Blarney Stone and started a most joyous life together. We were working to start a new business in florida and purchase a new home in Siesta Key, Florida. Life was beautiful.

I was in South Carolina on a business trip March 23rd when I had a call that Valerie had fallen at home and died of a broken neck. The funeral service was held on Good Friday. Pretty sad story.

The thing I wish to say is that Life Is Good. We have to go and take it. Yes I am grieving but I also have had a great journey in the dating game and 5 1/2 months of a most glorious marriage and love afair with a beautiful lady. She was worth chasing and I was blessed to have caught her.

Please, from one who has been there do not wait for Happiness to drop in your lap. Take the courage to seek it. You will also be blessed with your success. Thanks for listening and I will answer any questions you may pose. God love

Philip

Philip,
What a touching, inspiring, yet sad story. Thanks for sharing. I'm so very sorry for your loss. sad
I think your comments and attitude are an inspiration to all of us. theheart hug Praying
Jul 10th 2013 new
I have been where you are. I asked for peace. Praise God I believe that I have found it. I will attempt to explain this. I do believe that I will get married again someday. So, how do I reconcile that belief with not looking? It would seem that if I really believed that I would be looking over my shoulder at every turn right? This attitude was making me upset and anxious. I prayed, Please God I just want to trust you with this. I dont want to be like Abraham and Sarah taking matters into their won hands because they didn't trust that You have all things with in Your grasp. In crease my faith in YOu. In crease my trust in YOu. In crease my Hope in YOU. Increase my love for YOU. Put my focus where it should be and when it is Your perfect will let it be done to me. It took time, I cried, I prayed, I hoped and I struggled and I have finally reached peace. I surrender. Sure I look at profiles but I don't have expectation. If it is meant to be... it will be, I leave messages.... but I don't have expectation... if it is the right person they will feel compelled to respond. I don't want to push Gods choice for me and end up with Ishmael. I want Issac. If my silly human mind has conjured up this hope, I still and maybe all the more, don't want to push... God will bring me Issac if and when He wants Issac for me!
Jul 10th 2013 new
Loretta

I have a great respect for your concept because you "Believe" In what you say. As mentioned by me before, We can only accept that which we understand or have been taught. That brings me to ask, "Were you trained or educated in your Faith". This is where the absolute belief comes to play. Either reflects on what and how we respond to that specific training.

Keeping that in mind, I submit that, we were given only three things by our Creator. They are, "Life, Free Will and His Life on the Cross". Thats all we were given. No more. All else is sponcered by man.

With "Life and Free Will", we are directed to accomplish all we can in this life by our own effort. It is our absolute responsibility to take what we can, reject that which is not good for us and Honor Him and love Him with our whole heart.

My pay checks were never signed, Jesus Christ. Jesus did not introduce me to Connie or Valerie. I make my own payments for my home and car as well as I select and pay for my own clothes. What I am trying to say is that it is and was my responsibility to do for myself.

Yes, God does know what I will do and am doing. His knowledge, however is His Onmipotence. It cannot be described as predestination, which by the way is declined by the Church. The resulting point, therfore is, "It is up to each of us to do it ourselves". Don't wait to be spoon fed as the porage you are given might not be to your liking.

I pray your search is worth while and you are rewarded by your effort in the chase.

God love

Philip

Jul 10th 2013 new
I'm not sure what you mean by trained or educated but I have had spiritual directors, sought out information over the years from my parish priests, read many books on the faith, and have many life experiences that have devleoped my faith formation. Do I consider my faith journey to be complete? Do I believe that I have learned all there is to learn about an infinite God?...... No. It is where I am at currently. I am in relationship with God most especially when I receive the sacraments. I pray, I look, I watch for doors to open, I do my best to do my part. I am here after all. God will not necessarily make the UPS guy deliver my spouse to my door. I am open to however God manages to open the door. This site is just a playing field... it is not THE PLAYING field. As I said in my previous statement, I look at profiles, I send out emotes, I am just detached from the outcome. I have reached a place of peace in being open and letting God play his part on my playing field.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Good morning Loretta

TRAINED refers to Pavlov's Dog. He responds by Rote. There is no understanding of why it is just do it by repetition. No emotion is present.

EDUCATED refers to the reaction after study, comprehension, understanding and accepting because it is what you want not because you were made to jump through the hoops.

I hope this gives you the thought process I apply in my analysis.

God love and Bless all

Philip
Jul 11th 2013 new
You don't even realize how gorgeous you are, naturally.
Jul 11th 2013 new
To whom is that directed?
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said:

Keeping that in mind, I submit that, we were given only three things by our Creator. They are, "Life, Free Will and His Life on the Cross". Thats all we were given. No more. All else is sponcered by man.

Phillip,

I have a lot of respect for what you say and certainly can learn from your lifelong wisdom and success, but I think your remark above falls short in a very important way.

We WERE given more.

Specifically, we were given/shown the WAY (and it took years to get men's heads to wrap around it) and also the HOLY SPIRIT to guide THOSE particular men. This is a very significant thing to overlook. It is what assures that those he entrusted to safeguard TRUTH and the WAY is guaranteed.

No, everything else is not just man-made. God is constantly present through the Holy Spirit.

We Catholics know that we must embrace all matters of faith and morals that the Catholic Church teaches. Catholics who do not accept this are pickers and choosers... ie protesters.

Posts 21 - 30 of 51