Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 27th 2013 new
Why would it? scratchchin Such as why would being single a sin? eyepopping
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Don't you have any nice, non judgmental response to say to anyone???????

Why are you in attack mode with me..Sorry if I hit a nerve or something....I thought this was a thread to express thoughts and feelings..My feelings may not be correct..They probably are not correct...

Nobody,,at least not me,,ever attacked you personally at all..Maybe you shouldn't post if you feel so sensitively inhibited on the subject...

i'm not a fighter,,,I wil not post on this thread anymore..You can post your feelings and we can have a one sided opinion thread..I'm sorry your relationships didn't work out..please don't make future people pay for those bad relationships..

Who is being judgemental when an opinion of differing content is expressed..???

Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: What do you think?
I used to think so. But not so long ago, I worked with a very pretty woman in her late 30's who found a perfect match, and they were joyously married. I say this because the look of joy on her face when I later met them both at mass was obvious.

So I now have good reason to think that it is in no way an issue. It's a circumstance, that's all.

Very best, Doug.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Why are you in attack mode with me..Sorry if I hit a nerve or something....I thought this was a thread to express thoughts and feelings..My feelings may not be correct..They probably are not correct...

Nobody,,at least not me,,ever attacked you personally at all..Maybe you shouldn't post if you feel so sensitively inhibited on the subject...

i'm not a fighter,,,I wil not post on this thread anymore..You can post your feelings and we can have a one sided opinion thread..I'm sorry your relationships didn't work out..please don't make future people pay for those bad relationships..

Who is being judgemental when an opinion of differing content is expressed..???

You haven't attacked me personally?

Re-read your responses to me.

Jun 27th 2013 new
One of my closest friends got married in her thirties after not finding love earlier -- she is married to the love of her life and they are both wonderfully in-love and content and have been for the last 15 years -- but her husband married earlier to someone because he was willing to settle instead of wait for the right one -- he deeply regrets it and wishes he had waited but is glad he was able to extract himself from his 'mistake' marriage and be blessed with the right one.
Just because someone doesn't 'settle' but waits on God's perfect timing -- not hiding away and waiting for love to be handed to one -- is NOT a bad thing!!

I have another friend who 'settled' early and needed to raise her child and work for a living and didn't find love until her 50's but is so happy now.

You don't know why someone is on here -- please don't just assume you know better than God the right time for love.
Jun 27th 2013 new
You haven't attacked me personally?

Re-read your responses to me.

I'm confused ....

Do we still have a date for Saturday night or not ??
Jun 27th 2013 new
no
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: What do you think?
It may count against you..from my own experiences even divorced men prefer never married women, but to never married women it usually doesn't make a difference whether a man has been married or not.
As a Catholic, a woman has to have an annulment if she was previously married to make her previous marriage invalid. A divorced woman is still married without an annulment as is a divorced man so certainly being divorced counts against you but never married should never count against you.
Jun 27th 2013 new

I never thought so until I joined catholic match. There have been very cruel comments during heated threads by people who feel that never been married people are unable to sustain healthy relationships because they haven't lived with a spouse or haven't had long term relationships (never been married does not mean that there have not been long term relationships). To say there is something wrong if a person of a certain age has never been married is downright hurtful.

Sometimes the opportunity never presents itself. Sometimes a person is cautious and doesn't want to marry the wrong person and be stuck in a life long commitment. There are reasons why some of us have never been married that doesn't automatically translate to there being something wrong with us.

And Sometimes it just wasn't the right time for the right person.

Here's to the "Never Marrieds" finding wonderful spouses . . . NOW!
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: no

throwing away the chocolate wine...
Posts 31 - 40 of 167