Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 28 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

throwing away the chocolate wine...
sad surprised NOOOOO! Not the chocolate wine!!!
Jun 28 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: NOOOOO! Not the chocolate wine!!!

sorry,,it appears that i can only be funny here....When I try to offer a serious opinion,,I get in trouble..I hope God is more merciful..
Jun 28 new
I think communication should precede any conclusions.

To me, a woman never married suggests that she had another calling - another purpose; and if she is and has been a Faithful person (however that has manifested for her), then perhaps she has fulfilled that stage of life per God's Plan for her, and now feels her next calling is to present herself ready to meet God's intended for her. I would venture same for a man.

Jun 28 new
It's OK, Josephine:
Don't despair. I believe him when he says he did not mean to be offensive.
If you read his post on other threads, they're all written like that.
I'm a Lit teacher, and all I can say is that he's harder to read than Beowulf! (yes, I had to study it before the Internet, in the original Old English version, and I was not really fluent enough in English back then). Thus, I would give him an A for consistency. I would not even grade him on context, just as in the "Mending Wall" poem, the reader cannot figure out if the speaker is either for or against mending stone fences, I can't figure out what he's really saying.
hug
Mari

Jun 28 new
Kenny, It's very easy to become jaded about separation, divorce, and annulments if you have never been through one or been close to someone who is going through one. We live a disposable culture and marriage has gone the way of "throw it out" if it's not working for many. I have seen many divorces for frivolous reasons, and even more weddings that should have never taken place. Without sharing details I am going to disclose some of my own situation. I did choose to love my former husband. I chose to love him, and to support him (emotionally, mentally, spiritually, financially) even though days and months and years went by that I didn't like much about him, and wasn't "in love" with him. I had to deal with his very inappropriate behavior as he interacted and tried to parent our son, wasted my time, our money, etc. Love was a choice, and love was a verb. When the bevavior became intolerable and unsafe for me I had to leave. I did a legal separation to protect myself financially, keep him in health insurance (mine), and keep the marriage intact. I was counseled by one of the most solid priests that I know, Fr John Riccardo (look for him on YouTube). Sadly, my former husband chose to divorce me, and eventually filed for an annulment. It has been 5 years since I physically separated and I am grateful for all the time it has taken and all of the steps that I bave been through along the way. I encourage you to look at your divorced and annulled brothers and sisters with love and compassion. We have been through a lot. Many of us were good spouses. I was a good and faithful wife and I can be one again. I am delighted when I read about love stories like yours. If God wills it I will welcome the husband he has in store for me. Blessings and Peace to you, Suzanne
Jun 28 new
I've been told by many married catholic friends that I should only date divorced men who have children. Why exclude never marrieds? Not sure, I've never understood the offered logic. There are no tricks or formulas for guaranteeing relationship success. We are called to love one another. Not just certain people. Why eliminate anyone?

My biggest lesson in my short tenure on CM is that it isn't the right place for me now. Lesson learned: A divorced, non-annulled Catholic has no business dating, perhaps God led me here to realize that. I understand the exclusion. Born and raised Catholic with a Methodist mother who later converted, I am not as doctrine educated as some. I never even pondered an annulment before. These forums are educational! So, now I will go ponder an annulment. All of you "never married" and annulled should let the Holy Spirit guide you to take action. Reach out, say hello and listen to each other, sooner than later. Be kind and allow room for differences. Shalom!
Jun 28 new
I would like to think that my never married status is not a determining factor in the dating world. I try not to take a judgmental view about the status of a lady that I am interested in. We are all God's children and have had varied circumstances in our lives.

I would think that if we took a Jesus view rather than a judgmental view of each other, we would stand a much better chance of finding a loving relationship.
Jun 28 new
(quote) Mari-894290 said: It's OK, Josephine:
Don't despair. I believe him when he says he did not mean to be offensive.
If you read his post on other threads, they're all written like that.
I'm a Lit teacher, and all I can say is that he's harder to read than Beowulf! (yes, I had to study it before the Internet, in the original Old English version, and I was not really fluent enough in English back then). Thus, I would give him an A for consistency. I would not even grade him on context, just as in the "Mending Wall" poem, the reader cannot figure out if the speaker is either for or against mending stone fences, I can't figure out what he's really saying.

Mari

Thank you Mari.

Jun 28 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: And Sometimes it just wasn't the right time for the right person.

Here's to the "Never Marrieds" finding wonderful spouses . . . NOW!

Yes, I believe that is the main reason for all of us never been marrieds !!! rose

Jun 28 new
(quote) David-870960 said: I think communication should precede any conclusions.

To me, a woman never married suggests that she had another calling - another purpose; and if she is and has been a Faithful person (however that has manifested for her), then perhaps she has fulfilled that stage of life per God's Plan for her, and now feels her next calling is to present herself ready to meet God's intended for her. I would venture same for a man.

Exactly! Instead of looking at 'never married's as people who aren't ready for marriage or as people who will not joyfully embrace all that goes into marriage, remember that God has a plan and a purpose and may have been keeping them clean,safe and ready for the correct person at the correct time when both people in the plan are ready!
Posts 41 - 50 of 167