Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Being Single is Better..!

Jun 28th 2013 new

After being here a month,,,,I've discovered that remaining single is so so so much easier...

I'm too old and not sdmart enough for the games,,,and I don't even know the rules for the games..Boy,,am I old...

Stay single my friends,,it is much less stress..
Jun 28th 2013 new
I know what you mean! At least before I always thought I could take the leap of faith. I have learned that it is a bigger step than I am capable of taking. Got in the car, drove almost an hour, and realized I couldn't follow through with a rendezvous. Pulled the car over to side of the road, puked my brains out between sobs of defeat. Cried all the way home. The person I was to meet will never fully understand how sorry I am. I only wish to lift his heavy heart to our Lord Jesus to heal. I feel alone, lonely, and evil for having hurt someone simply because of my own fears. I broke a sacred bond that I should have never forged .
Jun 28th 2013 new
Oh but being in love is so wonderful! It is so worth the disappointments and heartaches we have to go thru to get there. Life is all about taking chances!
Please never give up! God bless you!
Jun 28th 2013 new
Kenny: It is so much easier to remain single, but deep down we all would like to have someone to share our triumphs and defeats with. It would be nice to have someone laugh at our jokes or tease us about our cooking. I miss those times so much. Hope that we all find out matches if it is God's plan.
Jun 28th 2013 new
Yes single is Ok. but it sure would be nice to share life joys and having someone be there when life gives you lemons.
Jun 28th 2013 new
There are certainly risks in stepping outside one's comfort zone and allowing ourselves to be vulnerable. Hopefully we experience joys along with the sorrows and learn something about ourselves we may not have known before that we can carry forward.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

After being here a month,,,,I've discovered that remaining single is so so so much easier...

I'm too old and not sdmart enough for the games,,,and I don't even know the rules for the games..Boy,,am I old...

Amen to that I believe!
Jun 28th 2013 new
It's certainly better than being in a bad relationship. Most of the time I'm fine with being single but it can also be a be disadvantage.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Kenny, I think there is stress either way.

There are times when we may feel very comfortable being single or single-again & think this is the way to go. But there are some people who deep down yearn for a relationship, someone (like a Bozo/Boza) with whom we can share the rest of our days.

I agree, being single is easier than trying to negotiate the dating game (does anyone know the rules or do we make them up as we go along?). Believe me, I suffered a lot of stress in any relationship (married & single) I've been in--wondering, discerning.... but at this moment, all my prayers & tears during my experience of the past year are coming to fruition & I look forward to another chance at love with a match made in heaven (He may consider himself a Bozo at times but I consider him my Psalm 45:3 guy).

Don't give up, Kenny. I think all of us who have read your humorous yet touching posts will agree that you're someone with a lot of love to share with that one special Boza in your future. theheart
Jun 28th 2013 new
I bounce back and forth between being totally content and happy in my single life and then feeling lonely and wishing I had a husband to share life's ups and downs. I just pray that God will lead me to where I'm supposed to be. I enjoy your posts, Kenny. Keep up the good work!
Posts 1 - 10 of 25