Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Syrian priest killed.

Jun 26th 2013 new
"A 49-year-old Syrian priest and hermit was killed June 23, apparently when a group of rebels attacked the Franciscan Convent of St. Anthony in Ghassanieh, a village in the north near the Turkish border." At least under Assad Christians were not slaughtered.
www.catholicnews.com
Jun 27th 2013 new
Wonder why the mass media didn't say a word about this ...oh I already know why. Very said prayers for the victims.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Wonder why the mass media didn't say a word about this ...oh I already know why. Very said prayers for the victims.
They are the enemies of our enemy, so they are our new best friends that killed that hermit.

Wouldn't help the war effort to talk about the funny things McCain's army is doing in the name of "freedom."

"They do it big, or they do it small,
but only one goes down when they break the law
while the other one says, "this really don't apply to me..."

www.youtube.com

Jun 28th 2013 new
they think two other priests were killed as well and are holding nuns... Praying Praying Praying
Jun 30th 2013 new
I am appalled that our government is supporting Al Quada linked rebels in Syria. The US government is providing weapons and money to these animals while insisting that the American people give up our Constitutional rights so that the federal government can protect us from Al Quada terrorists. It is mind boggling.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: they think two other priests were killed as well and are holding nuns...
They also beheaded the two bishops that were kidnapped back in April that were mentioned previously.

And yes, they posted a video of that atrocity on the internet as well. Your tax dollars at work!

Lord have mercy! Praying rosary theheart

www.freerepublic.com

Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Grant-863644 said: I am appalled that our government is supporting Al Quada linked rebels in Syria. The US government is providing weapons and money to these animals while insisting that the American people give up our Constitutional rights so that the federal government can protect us from Al Quada terrorists. It is mind boggling.
Yep. Our government is now calling the people our soldiers fought against "heroes".

Thus, they are not terrorists, but "freedom fighters" according to McCain. Frankly, it reminds one of the bit in 1984 where the enemy of the perpetual war changed instantly, and when Smith asks when the enemy changed, a person replies, "we were always at war with EastAsia."
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Grant-863644 said: I am appalled that our government is supporting Al Quada linked rebels in Syria. The US government is providing weapons and money to these animals while insisting that the American people give up our Constitutional rights so that the federal government can protect us from Al Quada terrorists. It is mind boggling.
BTW, you're not the only one to notice that we've "changed enemies" while keeping the war.

www.washingtonsblog.com.

Jun 30th 2013 new
Lord, please have mercy on us all. sad May the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace and eternal light shine upon them. Amen
Jul 1st 2013 new
This is so tragic and yet emblematic of the intolerance and even hatred people have for Christians. May God swiftly welcome his priest into heaven and convert the hearts of those who would do us harm. God grant us your grace and protection: physical and spiritual.
Praying rosary
Posts 1 - 10 of 12