Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 28 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Ah Marianne, polygamy is going to be a (minor) next concern, for when we choose, as individuals and as a voting group to allow behavior and laws that are anti-scriptural, then there can be NO boundaries. For if we allow same sex marriage, then we have to allow polygamy. Why shouldn't those who have multiple partner attraction not get the same rights as same sex attraction? I'm not trying to be silly or ridiculous, I just need to point out that once we break away from God's design for us, we need to be aware that anything and everything must be allowed.

So beyond polygamy, what is the next "I was born this way, and you are discriminating against me" group?

Pedophiles. NO WAY, you might think and say. THIS will never happen.

Think again. The pro-pedophilia movement is ALREADY well on it's way. Read this from All American Blogger:

(The author wrote) In 2007, I wrote an exhaustive history of the pro-pedophilia movement. In conclusion, I wrote:

The current movement to legalize and normalize pedophilia may seem unrealistic to some. I have yet to have someone agree with me when I claim that it will be legal in the next 25-30 years. But there are many, as I have detailed here, who see pedophiles as an oppressed minority. They see the road to freedom as being the same road homosexuals marched down. The first step would be the removal of pedophilia as a mental illness, a move the APA has already considered. Then, using the research of Kinsey and others mentioned above, the move would be made to abolish the age of consent. With the seeming support of science, this could be possible and it would effectively legalize pedophilia. With the legal burden lifted, the effort would then shift to normalization and acceptance. This is done by pedophiles casting themselves as a minority, a victim of a culture that rejects them. March after march makes the sight of a fifty year old man giving a six year old boy a deep tongue kiss nothing more than a sign of Americas tolerance, regardless of who gets hurt.

(The author then added) Sometimes, I hate it when Im right:
If a small group of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals have their way at a conference this week, pedophiles themselves could play a role in removing pedophilia from the American Psychiatric Associations bible of mental illnesses the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), set to undergo a significant revision by 2013. Critics warn that their success could lead to the decriminalization of pedophilia.
The August 17 Baltimore conference is sponsored by B4U-ACT, a group of pro-pedophile mental health professionals and sympathetic activists. According to the conference brochure, the event will examine ways in which minor-attracted persons [pedophiles] can be involved in the DSM 5 revision process and how the popular perceptions of pedophiles can be reframed to encourage tolerance.

http://allamericanblogger.com/16878/as-i-predicted-pro-pedophilia-activists-work-with-apa-to-destigmatize-sex-with-children/

So...the term "pedophiles" is being changed into "minor-attracted persons" and there is work being done so that "the popular perceptions of pedophiles can be reframed to encourage tolerance"

This isn't a science fiction story folks. This is the next step in who America is going to be.

Wendy:

This really is a hard pill to swallow because pedophilia has to be a minority of
a minority of a subgroup. How on earth can they get enough support to get
any of this approved or changed?

The ACLU or some other diabolical group must be fostering these perverse
actions.

This is almost too hard to read. God help us all.

Marianne
Jun 28 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: How so very true Jessica!

We have to keep in mind Matthew 16:18. So often we remember the first part:
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church,

But we also have to keep in mind the second part of that verse, because "the end" is already written. God wins!!!

and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

Our purpose is to make sure WE are on the right side of the playing field when the end-timer buzzes....and, we also need to be out there in the world trying to get as many others on God's side as possible, so when their end-timer buzzer buzzes, they are on the right side of the playing field. THAT is part of our purpose here on earth.

We need to keep our faith. Pray. Keep ourselves on God's path. And take action, to help others to see the light. For the gate into heaven is narrow.

Matthew 16:18
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

Amen to that, Wendy!!!!
Jun 28 new
Hopefully, the Supreme Court will be smart and get rid of affirmative action it may be on the way out. The Supreme Court was responsible for forced sterilization of Native American women up til the 1970s. Never trust big government.
Jun 28 new
Hey, wait a minute! CA will soon be added to the list of the states having gay marriage. Our proposition 8, that we voted in, in only 2008, was struck down by the supreme court on Wednesday. So it is said, that it will be only about 30 days until we will have gay-marriages happening here in CA. No doubt we are a far-left state, but it hasn't always been that way. There are many of us here who did not want this to happen.
Jun 28 new
My above post was intended to be in response to what Ronald wrote.
Jun 28 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Jackie: It sounds so sad reading your post. And it feels sad going through
what we have all just been through. Almost like Armageddon.

Unfortunately, on the radio today I heard them saying that polygamy is not
far behind now. There are 4 states that allow polygamy already.

I still think they should not have called it marriage unless it was between a
man and a woman. They should have had another name--but the gays did
not seem to accept calling it "civil union." Too bad for the rest of us. Marianne, Perhaps these two cases will wake the sleeping giant...or will Catholics, Christians, anyone with children, continue to think, oh well, this won't happened in my state, so I'm not worried about it. The gay community has gotten away with this because: 1. pity from non-homosexuals over AIDS 2. They are politically cohesive: their communities are cohesive We are the +/- 90%. Why are we not a cohesive group? Since when does such a small minority group have such power over a majority?
Jun 28 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Hey, wait a minute! CA will soon be added to the list of the states having gay marriage. Our proposition 8, that we voted in, in only 2008, was struck down by the supreme court on Wednesday. So it is said, that it will be only about 30 days until we will have gay-marriages happening here in CA. No doubt we are a far-left state, but it hasn't always been that way. There are many of us here who did not want this to happen.
Look at the current top story on cbsnews.com right now of a CA same-sex marriage.

Perhaps a good thing can be said for gay marriages - at least they want to commit to marriage. Think of the straights who cohabitate, and perhaps never marry.
Jun 28 new
The current movement to legalize and normalize pedophilia may seem unrealistic to some. I have yet to have someone agree with me when I claim that it will be legal in the next 25-30 years.

Yes, it SEEMS unrealistic. Then again, in the mid-20th century it also seemed unrealistic that homosexual unions would ever be legal marriages in this country.
Jun 28 new
Please change the title of this topic to "The government and supreme stupidity." Thanks
Jun 29 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Hey, wait a minute! CA will soon be added to the list of the states having gay marriage. Our proposition 8, that we voted in, in only 2008, was struck down by the supreme court on Wednesday. So it is said, that it will be only about 30 days until we will have gay-marriages happening here in CA. No doubt we are a far-left state, but it hasn't always been that way. There are many of us here who did not want this to happen.
The Supreme Court did not rule on Prop 8. The Federal courts have 3 levels: district, appellate, and Supreme. Prop 8 lost at the district level. The California Government refused to appeal. Several organizations behind the proposition tried to appeal. The Federal Appellate court that has jurisdiction asked the California Supreme Court if the organizations could appeal. The California Supreme Court said the organizations could. The organizations lost at the appellate level and appealed to the US Supreme Court. The Supreme Court ruled the organizations could not appeal.

This means that the District Court decision stands; however, the appellate court's decision has no effect on the future and the Supreme Court did not rule on the underlying issue, i.e., does the US constitution require states to permit gay "marriage".

At the district court level, Prop 8 lost on the issues. At the appellate and Supreme levels it lost on procedural issues. Since that district court does not have power outside of California, other states' refusal to twist the definition marriage stands for now.

It has been noticed that under Chief Justice Roberts, cases have to make it before the US Supreme Court a few times before being resolved. I think this is a reaction to the last century of US Supreme Court decisions where these matters got resolved quickly. This has lead to a large number of errors.

Because of how the voting fell out in the case, I suspect the court wants to take their time with this issue.

I realize this is of little comfort but I don't want you to think that all hope is lost.
Posts 21 - 30 of 45