Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Ever since Obama took office, I cannot help to feel like I cannot catch
my breathe trying to absorb all that is going on in our great nation.

Just having Obama win the election with a name like Hussein is not
typical in a Christian founded nation.

Next came all the Czars to assist the chief which is beyond bizarre.
In Russia maybe, but not in our country. Then on to funding Selantra
and that catastrophe because Obama loves his green companies.
So forget about the National Debt. It doesn't matter. Just give
money to your endless causes and take from future Americans.

But the hardest changes were in Obamacare and having the Government
take over our medical supervision, then the Abortion changes, and on to
all these homosexuals marching in the streets and getting laws changed
by the highest court of our country. All of these changes were
immoral. Yes, immoral.

I think the trend developing, and the most serious one of all, is that the
Government is NOT abiding by laws that are on the books. All of this
noncompliance makes for a lawless society and in the long run, takes
away the rights of those who do abide by the laws. Do you like
watching persons breaking laws that will get you prosecuted
if you don't abide by them? It seems to me that a rebellion will be
brewing by this kind of double standard. And maybe that is
what those that undermine our laws and our country are trying
to accomplish. Hannity spoke about plenty of these double
standards on his show.

All this brings us to making another 11 million illegal persons in
America, citizens. Of course, forget about border security. Even
if the 'Gang of 8' puts billions into funding border patrols, we all
know that they are not able to perform their jobs anymore because
of the orders handed down by Homeland security and Janet
Napolitano. The Border Patrol Agents are symbolically declawed
and virtually useless in trying to accomplish their jobs. They are
actually sueing the Government because of this.

Somehow the word must have gotten out to "Come to America and
take from its citizens what Generations of Americans worked hard
to achieve." Never mind trying to fix their own countries like
America did with bloodshed and determination of its forefathers.
Just come and take it like predators because those liberal
lawmakers want to share all America's wealth with you. Yet,
they are drawing salaries and benefits that neither you nor
I will ever be entitled to receive.

These are some of the things that have escalated since Obama
took office. And these kinds of things are happening faster
and faster.

I bet each of you know what I have left out, so I hope you will
take the time and point them out.

Jun 28 new
Marianne,

I can't believe what we are witness to these days either. I really am having a hard time wrapping my head around it as it all unfolds so quickly. I feel such an urgency to act, but I have no idea how to-there is so much it overwhelms. Recently, I can only turn to prayer and find that this conversation is coming up all of the time with friends, family and even strangers. I know I need to learn how to defend the faith better, learn apologetics and for sure find others who are kindred spirits as there is strength in numbers.

I find that most people I know are very much on edge and anxious--young & old. Padre Pio says to Pray, Hope and Not to Worry..I remind myself of this almost daily. I am very sensitive to current events though.

Somehow we can not let the "alarming rate" rattle us, but instead strengthen us and help us to be more convicted. I dont know what the answer is, but I look forward to hearing the response/reply of others.

May God Bless Us and God Bless America as we fight for our freedoms (with prayer, action, fasting & love)
Lisa theheart
Jun 28 new
Lisa:

I am glad that you shared your concerns. I don't feel so alone.

I was remembering one of the Congressmen who explained about benefits
given in America. He said that a benefit to one person or group is a burden
on another person or group.

That reminds me of many things, but one point is that homosexual rights
have become burdens to God-fearing people, both Christians and
Muslims. And the same thing with abortions.

When I heard on C-Span the dialogue about abortions after 20 weeks, it
was enough to make one ill. Imagine the pain felt by the fetus also. I
just cannot think about it.

I am afraid that America has reached its apex and is now being brought
down by the devil. It happens to all civilizations, and now it is our turn.

God bless.
Jun 28 new
Is America going downhill at an alarming rate?

Well, yes it is.

We've all known this since Obama's election, right? I thought last November's election was our last chance to turn things around, and that chance has come and gone. I don't see what's going to stop America from crashing at the bottom of the hill. Not that a crash is unavoidable; I just don't know what to do now to avoid a supposed crash besides pray. Warning people about Obama's Marxist upbringing hasn't worked, for example.

If we avoid a crash, then great. But if the country does crash, well, then the sooner the better. The sooner we can rise from the ashes, then, and we'll start going uphill again instead of downhill. We will have completed the conversion into a pagan nation, and the authentic Christians have to be ready to offer the country an alternative. It will be like the early Christians converting the pagan Roman Empire all over again.

I think the vast majority of the country already knows that things are wrong and that we're going downhill. But too many do not understand yet that the problem is precisely politicians like Obama; they cannot believe that the remedy is liberty, conservatism, the Judeo-Christian tradition, and a return to the values of the Founding Fathers.
Jun 28 new
"I think the vast majority of the country already knows that things are wrong and that we're going downhill. But too many do not understand yet that the problem is precisely politicians like Obama; they cannot believe that the remedy is liberty, conservatism, the Judeo-Christian tradition, and a return to the values of the Founding Fathers."
--------------------------------------
They are very simple and elegant truths you have posted, Florian. In other words,
we need to get back to where we were, and get off this fast road to destruction.

We all have to pray very hard. This is our country. We have no where else to
call home. If America fails, we are in trouble and will loose out.

Sometimes the pendulum starts swinging the other way. Lets hope we are near
to that point.

Jun 28 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: "I think the vast majority of the country already knows that things are wrong and that we're going downhill. But too many do not understand yet that the problem is precisely politicians like Obama; they cannot believe that the remedy is liberty, conservatism, the Judeo-Christian tradition, and a return to the values of the Founding Fathers."
--------------------------------------
They are very simple and elegant truths you have posted, Florian. In other words,
we need to get back to where we were, and get off this fast road to destruction.

We all have to pray very hard. This is our country. We have no where else to
call home. If America fails, we are in trouble and will loose out.

Sometimes the pendulum starts swinging the other way. Lets hope we are near
to that point.

Yes, whatever happened to "In God We Trust?" We Americans, are not putting God, and his word, 1st anymore. Many, I think, do not bother to know God, or teach their children about him. There is something in that thinking....that we are returning to a pagan civilization where anything goes.
Jun 29 new
Im not that suprised by the changes. Just before the 2008 election Obama said "We are 5 days away from transforming America". You cant say he didnt warn us. I just wonder if conservatives and non-Mormon Christians really stayed home on election day 2012 because of Romney's religion.
Jun 29 new
(quote) John-559440 said: Im not that suprised by the changes. Just before the 2008 election Obama said "We are 5 days away from transforming America". You cant say he didnt warn us. I just wonder if conservatives and non-Mormon Christians really stayed home on election day 2012 because of Romney's religion.
Most of the people I know really did not like Romney, but they still used their
vote against Obama.

Romney slip slided a lot from the first election. That is why I did not trust him.
But I really did NOT like or trust Obama.
Jun 30 new
Yes, that was me. I voted for Romney only because I was so opposed to Obama's plans. But, I had no idea it would get this bad, and I acknowledge that our country is on a very slippery slope, mostly because of the moral decay in our society. We must all pray, be active in our voting, and speak up about the lack of morality. I'm beginning to think though, that, I may not see a change in my lifetime.
Jun 30 new
Florian,

If the country crashes, most of the people you know and probably you yourself will be dead within two weeks. Look at the pictures of the aftermath of Tropical Storm Sandy or Hurricane Katrina and you can begin to get an idea of what life would be like without gasoline, food, water, or electricity. Take away any semblance of authority, and there you have "post-crash" America.

If you have any friends or relatives anywhere else in the world, be very nice to them; you may need them, because you would be far better off there than here (and it doesn't matter where "there" is).

It has been many decades since we have been self-sustaining citizens who lived on farms and had the skills and the wherewithal to tough a situation out and survive. I don't think anyone has any idea of what a crash would look like. The idea that we will all simply get together and put together a new government is absurd; the Civil War would look like a birthday party in comparison.

Posts 1 - 10 of 164