Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Word for the Day - Sincerity

Jun 29th 2013 new
Sending

Inspiration

Naturally

Calls

Everyone

Rapidly

In

To

Your world.

Jun 29th 2013 new
flower sweet sincerity...a favorite quality to find especially in matters of the heart!
Jun 29th 2013 new
A heart that beats with sincerity is a mighty fine asset to have in any situation.
Jun 29th 2013 new
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal."
--Oscar Wilde (being too clever, again)

"Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite."
--Charles Spurgeon (influential preacher and author in the British Particular Baptist tradition)

"Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity and truth accomplishes no victories without it."
--Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton (English novelist, poet, playwright, politician who coined the phrases "the great unwashed", "pursuit of the almighty dollar", "the pen is mightier than the sword", as well as the infamous opening line "It was a dark and stormy night".)

"An argument in apologetics, when actually used in dialogue, is an extension of the arguer. The arguer's tone, sincerity, care, concern, listening, and respect matter as much as his or her logic - probably more. The world was won for Christ not by arguments but by sanctity: "What you are speaks so loud, I can hardly hear what you say."
--Peter Kreeft, Pocket Handbook of Christian Apologetics

"An ad that pretends to be art is--at absolute best--like somebody who smiles warmly at you only because he wants something from you. This is dishonest, but what's sinister is the cumulative effect that such dishonesty has on us: since it offers a perfect facsimile or simulacrum of goodwill without goodwill's real spirit, it messes with our heads and eventually starts upping our defenses even in cases of genuine smiles and real art and true goodwill. It makes us feel confused and lonely and impotent and angry and scared. It causes despair."
--David Foster Wallace (a reflection that should motivate us to take a critical look at our own profiles here at CM)
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Monica-977379 said: A heart that beats with sincerity is a mighty fine asset to have in any situation.
MONICA! What a beautiful thought! Thank you! THese thoughts are Much MUCH needed these days.
Jun 29th 2013 new
Jack Thank you for your post. I really needed to read these quotes right now!
Jun 29th 2013 new
How can there be any sin in sincere?
Where is the good in goodbye?
Your apprehensions confuse me dear,
puzzle and mystify!

Sometimes it seems that in my effort to show my sincerity it becomes diminished. And yet the greatest example of my sincerity is observed when I'm not trying to express or prove it! The highest complement I have received in my work was when a family came into the room while I was with their mother. The daughter simply said "You really care. You see her! I can tell when you're looking at her" it is humbling.
Jun 29th 2013 new
Everything needs to be done in moderation - yet, sincerity and honesty are often maligned by over indulgence. There is always a way to be genuine without causing harm. I look to Christ for my guidance in those matters.
Jun 29th 2013 new
Many blessings to you, Marian. Maybe it is YOU who actually inspired me to post it and Jack to respond.
Jun 29th 2013 new
I just know when I speak from my heart, the spirit moves within me and often moves others. To me, that is the essence of sincerity.
Posts 1 - 10 of 16