Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Contact preference

Jun 29th 2013 new
Which method of first contact do you think is best: message, emoticon or chat?

Bonus points to whomever can answer for the other type of first contact.
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: Which method of first contact do you think is best: message, emoticon or chat?

I like inquiring emotion first one, then several/many messages ( get to know you first), then chat or phone!
Jun 29th 2013 new
Inquiring emotion?
Jun 29th 2013 new
Definitely not chat as a first contact. I would much rather establish some written communication with somebody, before committing any length of time to a chat. I don't mind emotigrams, as long as they are other than the blank smileys that are the only contact that non-paying members can send. Sorry, I tend to ignore those. A brief message or emotigram, something that indicates they paid some attention to my profile and/or forum posts works best.
Jun 29th 2013 new
I prefer to use an emoticon with a short text message included in the provided space below. If the lady I am contacting responds with an emoticon or a profile view I move forward to a message. I mainly use this method in an attempt to screen out inactive and non-paying members. I am on this site to make friends and, with the help of God, to let those friendships develop into more, hopefully resulting in courtship and marriage. I realize that this makes me sound a bit callous but to spend time trying to contact an inactive or non-paying member is a waste of my time

And as for the other form of first contact, I think I would rather the little grey guys try to talk to me on ground level rather than in their ships...
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: Inquiring emotion?
Sorry the c was left out! "Inquiring Emoticon"--- meaning one that is not blank or one inquiring as to something pertaining to/ in my profile first.

Then several/ many messages to get to know you!
Later chat or phone!

Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: Which method of first contact do you think is best: message, emoticon or chat?

I prefer the Emoticon but remember if someone does not have a full membership they cannot see reply to messages or comment in a emoticon so keep that in mind if you message someone and they don't reply back. Without a full membership you are very limited in what you can do on this site.
Jun 29th 2013 new
Bonus Points?? Hmmmmm - forums and chat rooms?
Jun 29th 2013 new
No, it has to do with something not involving CM (or dating in general).

I suppose it could be possible through CM, but that would be weird.
Jun 29th 2013 new
Its kind of nice to get a 'like',.................... crossfingers and then respond back that way.

bonus points???? cool
Posts 1 - 10 of 25