Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 30 new

I tell ya,,,

The guy that wrote that seems like a real """"BOZO""" to me......!!!
Jun 30 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Sometimes a Teddy Bear can be right under our nose waiting with long strong protective arms.....

I tell Ya,,

The guy that wrote that must be some kind of """BOZO"""..!!
Jun 30 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Four years???
It takes a couple of years to get to know someone well enough to want to marry. IMHO, you need to get started now. No point in waiting....

I respectfully disagree....In My only relationship we knew the first day we met that we would marry until death do us part...It was a loving marriage for decades....

For some people years may be the answer,,others weeks or months.....That is why Baskin Robbins has 57 flavors of ice Cream,,,there is no right or wrong answer...

Gotta run now I got an appointment at ""Marrieds R Us""" today they have the new potential Brides on display,,,next week they'll have the new potential Grooms on display,,so get your tickets early ladies...
Jun 30 new
I think it's just one place I might meet someone. It might be at church, it might be at a volunteer project, it might be the brother of a friend, or it might be at the grocery store. Only God knows the plan for me and I trust Him to put me in the right place at the right time.
Jun 30 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I have only been back for less than a month and I am very discouraged. I have found that it counts against me that I have never been married, I have sent out many emotes and messages and gotten no replies, and I highly doubt that I will renew my membership when it ends on July 10th.
What is it - about 1 in 1000 people actually meet someone here and wind up living happily ever after? This place feels like a candy store. Too many choices but not enough quality people who take this seriously.
What do you think? Do you really think you'll find someone here?
Just my thoughts on a Sunday Morning.
Trish I have been here for many years and I feel the same way I let my full membership lapse for 2 years and just renewed only to find the same things going on that you talked about .So when my full membership expires I will not be renewing. Yes people do meet on this site and yes people do get married that meet on this site but those stories are few and far between. My Brother met his wife on another dating site and they have been married for 7 years now and have a beautiful baby boy. Best of luck in your search.
Jun 30 new
I don't use CM for "dating"; I use it for communicating via the internet with like minded Catholics. If you use it for "dating" (in addition to other dating resources) you will be VERY disappointed. But it is no different than using nightclubs or any other "dating" venue; ultimately they are all a disappointing because of that dirty word: EXPECTATIONS. Remove EXPECTATIONS from your CM experience and just enjoy the PEOPLE beyond the screen. Appreciate their humor, their knowledge, and their ability to share something of interest. Blessings to you.
Jun 30 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I don't use CM for "dating"; I use it for communicating via the internet with like minded Catholics. If you use it for "dating" (in addition to other dating resources) you will be VERY disappointed. But it is no different than using nightclubs or any other "dating" venue; ultimately they are all a disappointing because of that dirty word: EXPECTATIONS. Remove EXPECTATIONS from your CM experience and just enjoy the PEOPLE beyond the screen. Appreciate their humor, their knowledge, and their ability to share something of interest. Blessings to you.
"they are all a DISAPPOINTMENT"
Jun 30 new
Trish, first off, I believe this could be the means God will use to lead me to 'that someone'.
In the few to several extended exchanges I've had on CM, it seemed pretty clear that were we each 'Free to Marry', there was/is strong interest and definite possibility. In one case, this was virtually absolute and undeniable, such that we each re-doubled our effort to complete our annulment work; God ultimately had another Plan, but not before this dear lady made an enormous impact on my life and Faith that is STILL unfolding... I believe this too was/is part of God's Plan.

I have been consistently told by friends who've gone thru the life process of divorce, etc. and eventual re-marriage that "looking" intently, was not the right approach. Rather just make contacts, seek acquaintance, and truly give the quest up to God, and He will present His Gifts when you least expect it. Then I'm told: "Hang On, because God doesn't do things in half measures!"

It seems that those inclined to disappointment, and even despair in any measure are just not ready. Still, I believe this is a terrific resource (not the only one) for fellowship, and learning to better understand ourselves and the (Catholic) process to finding our futures. We just need to beware of the modern tendency to expect fast results - especially from electronic environs! wink
Jun 30 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I don't use CM for "dating"; I use it for communicating via the internet with like minded Catholics. If you use it for "dating" (in addition to other dating resources) you will be VERY disappointed. But it is no different than using nightclubs or any other "dating" venue; ultimately they are all a disappointing because of that dirty word: EXPECTATIONS. Remove EXPECTATIONS from your CM experience and just enjoy the PEOPLE beyond the screen. Appreciate their humor, their knowledge, and their ability to share something of interest. Blessings to you.
Nicely said, Joan!
Jun 30 new
I agree with you David !
Posts 11 - 20 of 109