Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 29th 2013 new
I give myself two options when dealing with a drama-I opt for the one my father goes by, to shrink it by 2/3 rds and react calmly and yes remember "Jesus I place my trust in you".The other option,well I don't go there very often anymore.. as the situation only escalates.What a release!
Jun 29th 2013 new
I know that the melancholic personality struggles with negative thinking. Unfortunately because of my nurturing instincts I am drawn to the melancholy personality but having been married to one for 25 years I am extremely sensitive to their presence and now tend to run when I meet one. They are toxic to me.
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: It is easier to think negative thoughts than to be positive. There are so many negatives coming at us everyday. And it could easily get anyone down. We do need to constantly ask Jesus to help keep us positive. I too say every chance I get "Jesus I trust in you". I remind myself that He is with me and will protect me no matter how the wolves try to "get" us out there. When I go into a situation that is stressful or cruel, I say to Jesus, "please wash Your blood and Spirit over me and be with me". I won't let them take my joy away from me. And it works every time. "Kill 'em with kindness" it can do amazing things, to the attitudes of others.
Thank you Jane for sharing your ideas here. These are helpful to us.
Jun 29th 2013 new
My attitude is gratitude - once saw in a doctors office and it is very good advice. Many people are influenced by their past experiences and child and or adult trauma which makes it difficult to always be positive and look on the bright side of life. This disordered thinking is caused by actual chemical imbalances in the brain and the devil certainly knows how to find our faults and blocks. We should always strived to find the good in others and in life (actually living in the United States can start a gratitude list all of its own) but in the day and age we live in, all of the noise and disorder makes it more difficult. Think of Jesus- Perfect Peace Perfect Consoler and have a gratitude journal to jot down five things you are grateful for each day.
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: My attitude is gratitude - once saw in a doctors office and it is very good advice. Many people are influenced by their past experiences and child and or adult trauma which makes it difficult to always be positive and look on the bright side of life. This disordered thinking is caused by actual chemical imbalances in the brain and the devil certainly knows how to find our faults and blocks. We should always strived to find the good in others and in life (actually living in the United States can start a gratitude list all of its own) but in the day and age we live in, all of the noise and disorder makes it more difficult. Think of Jesus- Perfect Peace Perfect Consoler and have a gratitude journal to jot down five things you are grateful for each day.
THANK YOU! Your post covers some very VERY important points. In the US we are still better off than most people. We have so much.
Jun 30th 2013 new
I have always liked the idea that we can't Afford a negative thought-if we give in-there is a debt incurred.

Gratitude is the best way to combat it
and giving positive feedback to someone else or speaking it/blessing into a situation/person will turn it around. Also, I do find that the gift of tears has a way of cleansing/purifying away negativity from others, situations, opening up "stuckness" or environments-if honesty and truth can break through-and tears are released along with fears, hurts, old patterns etc with God's grace. Tears cried & released, often turn to freedom & joy & peace-and gratitude for Gods faithfulness in the midst of it all. Prayer seems to be the grace needed to unravel things to the heart of the matter which of course is always love-(wanted, lost, on the way or healing) Tears seem to be a kind of holy water at times-cleansing away negativity-letting God in!

Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-933589 said: I have always liked the idea that we can't Afford a negative thought-if we give in-there is a debt incurred.

Gratitude is the best way to combat it
and giving positive feedback to someone else or speaking it/blessing into a situation/person will turn it around. Also, I do find that the gift of tears has a way of cleansing/purifying away negativity from others, situations, opening up "stuckness" or environments-if honesty and truth can break through-and tears are released along with fears, hurts, old patterns etc with God's grace. Tears cried & released, often turn to freedom & joy & peace-and gratitude for Gods faithfulness in the midst of it all. Prayer seems to be the grace needed to unravel things to the heart of the matter which of course is always love-(wanted, lost, on the way or healing) Tears seem to be a kind of holy water at times-cleansing away negativity-letting God in!

Thanks Lisa. sad Maybe a good cry could help persons who are feeling plagued by negative thinking. Thank you!
Jul 2nd 2013 new
'Autopilot'? Can't we call it 'practised ease'? But that's just the in-flight. What about the pelican take-offs and bumblebee landings?
Jul 2nd 2013 new

"Practiced ease"? I love it!

And I always land on my feet.

Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: My attitude is gratitude - once saw in a doctors office and it is very good advice. Many people are influenced by their past experiences and child and or adult trauma which makes it difficult to always be positive and look on the bright side of life. This disordered thinking is caused by actual chemical imbalances in the brain and the devil certainly knows how to find our faults and blocks. We should always strived to find the good in others and in life (actually living in the United States can start a gratitude list all of its own) but in the day and age we live in, all of the noise and disorder makes it more difficult. Think of Jesus- Perfect Peace Perfect Consoler and have a gratitude journal to jot down five things you are grateful for each day.
"attitude is gratitude.." I love that! I very much agree.

Posts 11 - 20 of 38