Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Well are you ??? Do you fear or embrace intimacy and the joy that a forever relationship can bring....??

I see a lot of fear on here and a lot of huge barriers too....Just joining a site like CM doesn't remove those inhibitions..Only you can..Is the price worth the possible gain for you ??

Caution you say,,sure,,but how much is too much caution and how little is too little caution..?...

I see a lot of scared people here..I'm scared too...but I've tasted the sweet joy of intimacy and love and hunger for it again..If you do not,,step aside and leave room for those that do long for joy and love on all intimate joyous levels....Please get out of the way.....
Jun 30th 2013 new
i am a noblewoman, not coy--fainting, nor desperate. I seek the bard of my dreams astride a royal steed (although horses are a lot of upkeep). I await thee, my prince, thine obedient servant, breath abated till thou slayest my lonesome heart. BTW, I have 14 animals that come with the package (no horses). i am not afraid of giving them up, only unwilling. This does, of course, make me far less marketable. sad
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Well are you ??? Do you fear or embrace intimacy and the joy that a forever relationship can bring....??

I see a lot of fear on here and a lot of huge barriers too....Just joining a site like CM doesn't remove those inhibitions..Only you can..Is the price worth the possible gain for you ??

Caution you say,,sure,,but how much is too much caution and how little is too little caution..?...

I see a lot of scared people here..I'm scared too...but I've tasted the sweet joy of intimacy and love and hunger for it again..If you do not,,step aside and leave room for those that do long for joy and love on all intimate joyous levels....Please get out of the way.....
I definitely am but its hard not to be cautious. I'd say that I ask more of the big faith and personal belief questions now up front rather than dance around them and waiting till later on in the discussion. I'm also more critical of red flags and I'm more likely to stop talking to someone if they are always flaky or frequently make excuses for things. However, I know for a fact though that there are plenty of people on CM who fear relationships or aren't ready for them yet at all. Fortunately I'm not one of those people, but unfortunately I run into a lot of those people laughing
Jun 30th 2013 new
Not afraid. I learned along time ago that I will receive one yes for about twenty no's (when I was studying real estate sales). I've applied that lesson to this website and it seems to help me cope with the discouragement that sometimes comes with online dating. I don't think this process is for the faint of heart. One must be courageous, maintain a sense of humor, and forge ahead because our spouses are out there somewhere! Just need to find them and that might include many no's, some rebuffs, times of no responses, and general discouragement. I think one needs to be ready to do what it takes to get noticed - like updating pictures and profile, participating in CM forums and chats, and having courage to contact someone with no expectations. It can be fun to tick off the no's and experience eager excitement about making new friends and hopefully finding our spouse.
Jun 30th 2013 new
I here by state that I am capable, ready and willing...now, its just about being on the same page with that someone special who has capability, readiness and willingness...Jesus, I trust in you! Are there glitches to work out? Yes, it takes three though! Hopefully- we can step out with courage and faith = He, Me and the Lord! I am in transition but even so, building the foundation..if we pool our tools we will have some kind of love brother!!

Can we build it? Yes we can!- Bob the Builder
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Yes, I'm capable of good love, of deep love. Thank you for the reminder to open my heart when appropriate. You and the other posters are right -- it takes courage to put myself out here, high expectations and all. But I was successful once; it can happen again. Till then, I will savor all the different forms of love that I already have in my life.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: i am a noblewoman, not coy--fainting, nor desperate. I seek the bard of my dreams astride a royal steed (although horses are a lot of upkeep). I await thee, my prince, thine obedient servant, breath abated till thou slayest my lonesome heart. BTW, I have 14 animals that come with the package (no horses). i am not afraid of giving them up, only unwilling. This does, of course, make me far less marketable.
Your self confidence and self respect. shine through your comments
Jun 30th 2013 new
As with the OP, it's a matter of do or get out of my way, and stop wasting my time if you are here without the capacity nor desire to love and be loved in full, without conditions, restrictions or limitations. If this is only about makingI friends, state it in your profile, don't lead someone on thinking it could get serious when you have no intention for it to become that way, nor expect someone to fall in love with a digital image and some text. There are too many who are in love with the whole initial, this is a new relationship, new person, new puppy love, and all that entails, mainly hormonal and emotional lacking in depth.

You are right on the whole fear is holding so many back, and guys, if you really understand women, you will know how so many things they fear, are things we take in stride with little to no thought to it. The romance, this is an area where we of the faithful have so much to draw upon, that we have men of integrity to reference towards, and their passion they expressed to their wives, just incredible.

I get frustrated with venues like this, where I'm addressing the contact information, email, phone, etc. early on, and so much fear in exchanging information, when at the same time, I have clients from all over the country trusting me enough with $10+k in capitol, even though they never met me, many don't even know where my shop is at, and yet they trust me with this huge responsibility in their resources, not even for something I have on hand, but what I will build for them with the money. 20 years in business, in that kind of ongoing trust from strangers, and yet to be afraid of a simple way to contact, just ridicules.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-933589 said: I here by state that I am capable, ready and willing...now, its just about being on the same page with that someone special who has capability, readiness and willingness...Jesus, I trust in you! Are there glitches to work out? Yes, it takes three though! Hopefully- we can step out with courage and faith = He, Me and the Lord! I am in transition but even so, building the foundation..if we pool our tools we will have some kind of love brother!!

Can we build it? Yes we can!- Bob the Builder
Agreed! Praying
Jun 30th 2013 new
Jesus said, fear not.....
Jesus, I trust in you.
Turn to the end of The Book to see that Jesus wins in the end.
Be not afraid. Praying heart rose hug wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 18