Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I think that these two words that describe our psychological make up to such a huge degree in life and in our lives are the nuts and bolts.......

My opinion,,,,and please state your own opinion,,,is that Analytical is necessary for earthly matters such as paying bills and obeying laws etc..etc...But when it comes to people and family and Sweethearts then Emotional is in charge...

Emotions are what bring the heart and the entire psyche the joy....Joyus emotions increase Serotonin levels in the brain making us happier and content..Joyous emotions also increase our Endorphne levels aiding in happiness and also biologically helping out physical bodies on the inside..
I'm 10% Analytical and 90% Emotional and I wouldn't have it any other way.....In this manner the sad times are pretty sad,,,but the wonderful joyous times are so indescribably AWESOME !!!

How about you ????? Are you Analytical or Emotional and to what percentages of both....This could be a very telling sign for the type of mate you desire and if you are desireable to a potential mate...

Jun 30th 2013 new
Both ..50 Analytical ,50 emotional.
Jun 30th 2013 new
Kenny, I don't know you and you don't know me but Analysis and Emotion are two differnt functions specifically of the Myers Briggs Test. I am both. A person can be both and so the two words you chose are not at opposite ends of any spectrum. Maybe you meant to point out some other specific contrast in personalities?
Jun 30th 2013 new
I read your post and I see what you are saying. I am both. God Bless You.
Jun 30th 2013 new
Definitely more analytical by nature.
Jun 30th 2013 new
I would have to say 35% analytical, 65% emotional here. Earlier in life would have been more like 5% , 95%...I found it necessary to toughen up a bit.
Jun 30th 2013 new
Same here, Katie. I was quite the emotional one up through my 20s, but lessons learned--feelings are fickle, here today and gone tomorrow, many lead to poor choices, so it's the head which must rule or temper the heart. I don't think it should ever be just one or the other. Only being rational can lead to a dry and boring life; only being emotional can lead to unfortunate circumstances. I don't think I even strive for balance; some situations call for more of an analytical way of being, and some situations certainly need more of an emotional response. Sometimes I will not listen to my head but rather my heart, and get hurt, but I'll still be glad I did it the way I did it.

We're all unique, as no two people have had the same lite situations form them; this is in God's Plan. People span all sorts of spots on the pendulum between all analytical and all emotional, and this is good. When we can share our unique perspectives with each other, without looking down on any certain types, we can learn from someone else's viewpoints. Different does not equal wrong, or right, in many cases.
Jul 1st 2013 new
Head in the clouds but feet firmly on the ground smile
Jul 1st 2013 new
I'll give you my in-depth analysis scratchchin
as soon as I'm done with my hissy fit. hissyfit

as soon as I'm done with my hissy fit.

___________________ - Stirring the pot for fun and profit
Jack, you do stir the pot! I have analyzed the situation, gathered my statistics, and in fact tested the theory twice! As for myself, I want to be a person who follows her emotions with abandon. However, my tendency is to be practical, make a plan, allow for variables, etc.
(But if my knight comes to the door, whisks me off my feet and carries me into the sunset, I would probably be a helplessly delighted princess!).
Posts 1 - 10 of 32