Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 1st 2013 new
What a delightfully inspiring topic for debate! I was a Psychology major so I agree with you that where you tend to lean has a lot to do with building a lasting partnership. However, I am also a firm believer that a person can adapt accordingly to any situation given the desire to do so. I am not saying 'change' for we are all old enough to know better in that respect - I'm saying adapt as needed on a situational basis. Having taken many a personality test over the years, I can say with great confidence that I am a 50 / 50 girl. When logical is required, that part kicks in and takes charge. When a more emotional response is needed, it takes over which is why I score so high in empathy and related personality traits. I'd say the big plus for me in this mix is the ability to control anger since I see the other person's side in equal measure to my own. The trick is to find a person who balances or offsets your own deficiencies since that allows you both to soar as a team emotionally and spiritually.
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Jack, you do stir the pot! I have analyzed the situation, gathered my statistics, and in fact tested the theory twice! As for myself, I want to be a person who follows her emotions with abandon. However, my tendency is to be practical, make a plan, allow for variables, etc.
(But if my knight comes to the door, whisks me off my feet and carries me into the sunset, I would probably be a helplessly delighted princess!).
How will you know it's 'your' knight as opposed to 'a' knight? Being whisked away and carried into the sunset is emotionally exciting, but if sooner or later that armor proves to be a cheap Hallowe'en costume rather than the real stuff, something that could've been seen had the head been looking rather than the heart....???

(And I'm not targeting you, Christine, just making a general statement.)
Jul 1st 2013 new
Lina, I guess that is why I am so practical. At times I really wish I could say to heck with being rational! But my feet are really planted on the ground. The good thing for me is my sense of adventure fearlessness regarding hopping in the car and taking off. My practical side reminds me to use some caution in the curves of the road!
Jul 1st 2013 new
It depends on the kind of person I'm talking to. I'm pretty much on the emotional side when talking to friends and family, but I'd have to say that I'm around 80% analytical and 20% emotional when talking to acquaintances as well as people here on CM that I have only just met. When I was in my teens, it was probably the other way around, and it felt too chaotic for me. Plus, I left myself open to being taken advantage of. The way it has been for me is that people disappear all too quickly if they do not have the right intentions, and you have to have the right mindset to know whether or not they have good intentions. When I was acting more on emotions, it would cloud my vision and I would end up making the wrong choices. Similarly, however, if someone I'm interested in earns my trust or if I feel someone is genuine, I'm usually less analytical.
Jul 1st 2013 new
Sometime I get emotional about my analyses. Other times I analyze my emotions. But to answer truthfully, balanced
Jul 1st 2013 new
I am analytical. Defnitely. Any decision I ever made based on my "gut" and not on arithmetic came back to bite me eventually.

Yes, I've fallen in love (more than once) and when it comes to emotional ties, I'm in there 100%. But I do the analysis first to make sure I'm not jumping into a snake pit.
Jul 1st 2013 new
eyebrow P-p-profit?

How do I get in this?
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: P-p-profit?

How do I get in this?
My sensitive and finely-tuned Emotional IQ tells me that someone needs a hug. hug

Later on, as soon as I've finished testing the second derivatives of the Fourier transforms I just added to my custom Relationship Economics Algorithm (REA) [TM; patent-pending] and programming my HP graphing calculator to run it , I'll be able to give you a more definitive Analytical report. duck

Jul 1st 2013 new
Analytical 65% - Emotional 35%
Posts 11 - 20 of 32