Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: I always seem to dream about being lost, and can't find my way home. I would be driving in some unknown town, and I would keep on driving trying to find my way home. But each road I would take would lead me back to where I started.

Guess that's a metaphor of my life. I feel lost in this crazy mixed up world. Each road I take seems to be a dead end. Oh...Lord...I need You to be my Guide in this crazy journey of life. Please.....Lord....take me by the hand and walk with me. I need You by my side.
Whoa! I have the same exact dream every time. And I thought I was the only person who had those kinds of dreams.
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Whoa! I have the same exact dream every time. And I thought I was the only person who had those kinds of dreams.
Thanks for posting John. I wondered how many of us would have similar dreams when I went with this thread! When I was a kid I used to have a dream of a huge semi truck chasing me....seemingly with a life of its own...and purpose. I would always wake up when it was about to close in. That is why...when viewing the movie (the first time) "Maximum Overdrive" by Stephen King I was a little freaked at seeing those trucks and machines operate on their own!
Jul 1st 2013 new
Sometimes its not so much about what I dream but the textural quality of the dream. I saw my nephew in a dream the other night. He was on a beach, I think Lake Michigan. The image had a painterly quality to it, almost like dry brush watercolor. It gave the appearance of storminess and was sort of unsettling. I knew who he was but his features werent easily distinguishable...really strange. This texture thing happens often in my dreams.
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thanks for posting John. I wondered how many of us would have similar dreams when I went with this thread! When I was a kid I used to have a dream of a huge semi truck chasing me....seemingly with a life of its own...and purpose. I would always wake up when it was about to close in. That is why...when viewing the movie (the first time) "Maximum Overdrive" by Stephen King I was a little freaked at seeing those trucks and machines operate on their own!
Whoa, I remember that film! Haha. That's a pretty scary dream. I used to have dreams of aliens abducting me and then debating what to do with me while I was strapped on to an operating table of sorts. I was literally crying and shouting whenever I had those dreams and my parents had to wake me up. There was also one that involved Freddy Krueger chasing me through a nightmarish, dark and abandoned town.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I often have dreams where things are in levels. And there are often vivid colors. One that I really remember was in a hotel with plush velvety carpet in a deep, rich red color. There was also gold in this dream. You had to step down into this area where a piano was. I don't think anyone was playing it though. I had to go all over the different levels of the floors in the hotel to get to different things.

I also had another dream like this where there were balcony areas outside of each floor of some building, kind of like apartments but maybe more like one big house/office building. There were bird cages outside that I had to get to, to do something. Don't know what really.

Then one time, I had a dream that seemed SO real! It was me with my spouse, he was just in a simple plain white t-shirt and khaki pants and we were just having a nice peaceful time together - just being, resting. We heard one of our sets of parents bringing our three year old home, and my husband said, we can't let this much time go by before we spend this kind of time together again. It was a really sweet and comforting dream! biggrin

I just wonder why we have such vivid dreams. Do you all think they are trying to help our minds figure something out?
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Ann-119096 said: I often have dreams where things are in levels. And there are often vivid colors. One that I really remember was in a hotel with plush velvety carpet in a deep, rich red color. There was also gold in this dream. You had to step down into this area where a piano was. I don't think anyone was playing it though. I had to go all over the different levels of the floors in the hotel to get to different things.

I also had another dream like this where there were balcony areas outside of each floor of some building, kind of like apartments but maybe more like one big house/office building. There were bird cages outside that I had to get to, to do something. Don't know what really.

Then one time, I had a dream that seemed SO real! It was me with my spouse, he was just in a simple plain white t-shirt and khaki pants and we were just having a nice peaceful time together - just being, resting. We heard one of our sets of parents bringing our three year old home, and my husband said, we can't let this much time go by before we spend this kind of time together again. It was a really sweet and comforting dream!

I just wonder why we have such vivid dreams. Do you all think they are trying to help our minds figure something out?
Thanks for posting Ann. Interesting question. Yes I do believe sometimes they do. For instance, when the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan died...he had had a dream (which he recounted to his band members) which entailed him going to his own funeral. The next day or, night he died in the fatal helicopter crash.
Here is one of the good ones though.
About 3 years after my Father passed away I had a dream I was fishing in this large creek which traverses Richardson, Texas. (don't know if fishing is still allowed but this creek does exist) The creek passes through woods...and paved trails run alongside it in many places. Also, there are bridges which cross the stream....in some areas. I dreamed I was fishing not far from one of the bridges. (can't remember if I was catching any!) I looked up at one point...and there was my Father coming across the bridge with a smile while looking directly at me. I jumped up. I could not believe my eyes and yelled "Dad!" He was dressed as he usually did (nothing remarkable) but was a healthier version from what I remembered when his heart and cancer got him. We hugged...and he sat down with me. He spoke very softly of being "okay" and for me not to worry. He then asked me how I was...and we spoke for awhile. His gaze into my eyes let me know he was definitely okay. He then said....he missed me..but would see me again. Then he stood up and said, "Sorry son, but I have to get going" I was like, "Do you have to?" He nodded and hugged me again as we said goodbye. He saw I was crying but assured me...he was in perfect happiness. I watched as he crossed the bridge...and he looked back once and that was it. I woke up but had real tears running down my face! Go figure~
Jul 2nd 2013 new
theheart I don't usually remember my dreams, If I put a little notebook by my bed and ask God to help me remember my dream ---I can, and then I write them down when I wake. It's been a while, I might try again

I dreamt about walking the camino with two friends I had met about 7 years before I actually did walk the. camino! Both friends were instrumental & prayer warriors when the time came-though they did not walk it with me in the flesh...

I dreamt about my HTB (husband to be) and was inspired to write a letter to him upon waking--- which I had actually posted on here in 2008

I have dreamt of God walking in between me and another with his arms around us---as he walked us through all the time/details of that friendship --healing us/our relationship as we walked...(this has happened twice)

I have had a few flying dreams and dreams with color- and once a mini life review.

Lisa cloud angel

Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Lisa-933589 said: I don't usually remember my dreams, If I put a little notebook by my bed and ask God to help me remember my dream ---I can, and then I write them down when I wake. It's been a while, I might try again

I dreamt about walking the camino with two friends I had met about 7 years before I actually did walk the. camino! Both friends were instrumental & prayer warriors when the time came-though they did not walk it with me in the flesh...

I dreamt about my HTB (husband to be) and was inspired to write a letter to him upon waking--- which I had actually posted on here in 2008

I have dreamt of God walking in between me and another with his arms around us---as he walked us through all the time/details of that friendship --healing us/our relationship as we walked...(this has happened twice)

I have had a few flying dreams and dreams with color- and once a mini life review.

Lisa

Wonderful Lisa. Thank you~
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Before, in several threads I've made no secret about the fact "clowns" used to really spook me. (still don't like them)
But after an incident when I was a kid I had a re-occurring dream. (I was at the State Fair and was perhaps 5 or 6 and was standing next to my Father waiting for one of my siblings to get off a ride) I happened to glance in the direction of a clown handing out balloons who looked over at me....and gave the most hideous and evil look I've ever seen. I then began tugging on my Dad's pants leg who quickly turned and said "What is it son?" The clown was concentrating so much on me...he did not see my Dad catch part of the look....which then transformed into a smile. My Dad said, "Its okay son....I see"...while staring him down...who was then moving further away)
Forward to dreams. The clown in the re-occurring dream looked very much like this one and was chasing me. (no weapon or anything...just chasing me) I was running TOO slowly....with leaden legs...and he was always closing the distance...until I shook myself awake. In all, a terrifying dream~
I think back now to the clown at the fair and how much more it would have haunted me... had my Dad not seen the look.
So....unless it's the McDonalds clown....I don't trust them....to this day! irked
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Whoa, I remember that film! Haha. That's a pretty scary dream. I used to have dreams of aliens abducting me and then debating what to do with me while I was strapped on to an operating table of sorts. I was literally crying and shouting whenever I had those dreams and my parents had to wake me up. There was also one that involved Freddy Krueger chasing me through a nightmarish, dark and abandoned town.
smile John I'm sorry but the first part was funny in a way....although not so much to you I bet! But the second part with Freddy is indeed a scare. (especially being in an abandoned town) I actually only saw the first two "Nightmare on Elm Street" flicks. That first one was soooo.... scary~
Posts 11 - 20 of 80