Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: My point is forget the junk and just go for it. You would be amazed at the absolute joy can be had with a little effort.
What was the age difference?
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Helen-450889 said: I believe that I will find my future husband on Catholic Match.

Gentlemen, I am not currently communicating with anyone.
Eligible bachelor's meet Helen . . .
Jul 1st 2013 new
No, but is it interesting and fun trying.

wink
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Maybe, who knows? To not at least try is to give up in life. God helps those who helps themselves, not those who quit. Attitude is everything, so when loneliness and dispair hit you, remember God is with you and you are not alone, ever. I struggle with loneliness as well, but I can always remember that He is with me and find peace.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Hi Bob

Valerie was 16 years younger than me

She had her PhD and I had some College

We lived 600 miles apart

I had 9 children she had 3

She was beautiful I was (Well you decide)

We both were self employed

That is just some of the junk that had to be discarded as it had no bearing on our spiritual and emotional relationship. We just had to get to the basics of us

Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: It seems that those inclined to disappointment, and even despair in any measure are just not ready. Still, I believe this is a terrific resource (not the only one) for fellowship, and learning to better understand ourselves and the (Catholic) process to finding our futures. We just need to beware of the modern tendency to expect fast results - especially from electronic environs!
nicely said David.... and to add,, i believe disappointment is from our own unrealistic expectations and wants. If we stop and think how often we have found joy in unexpected experiences we'll come to realize that we have to sometimes let go of those "too defined" expectations and just give someone a chance. biggrin Praying
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I'm recently back here after about 2 years of absence. Still not much luck in making new friends. I'm not so sure if I'll ever meet someone here but if it is God's will then it will happen :)
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Love this Joan! Reading posts like yours helps to remind me not to set those (sometimes high) EXPECTATIONS when using this site. I am slowly learning to appreciate anyone I come into contact with (which is not many). I certainly do not want to 'tunnel-vision' myself.

Hope you are surviving this massive heat there in AZ!!

Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: Hi Bob

Valerie was 16 years younger than me

She had her PhD and I had some College

We lived 600 miles apart

I had 9 children she had 3

She was beautiful I was (Well you decide)

We both were self employed

That is just some of the junk that had to be discarded as it had no bearing on our spiritual and emotional relationship. We just had to get to the basics of us

Thank you Philip. Yes, just get to the basics.

IF true love is found, forget about all the junk. From Collin Raye's "Not That Different" ...
I laugh, I love, I hope, I try
I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry
And I know you do the same things too
So we're really not that different, me and you
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Philip-600116 said: Greetings..

I like Marges comment. I met my Connie and married her after 5 weeks. That marriage lasted 35 years of absolute joy. Cancer took her away in 2007.

I joined CM and met many wonderful and beautiful women. I met Valerie and it took about 5 months for us to become engaged. 600 miles created a logistic problem but we married regardless of Distance, Educational level, Age difference or Financial Structure. We were absolutely happy and planned to move to Ireland (On a 6 Month Visa) to Write several books on subjects that interested us. March 23rd of this year Valerie Died in a home accident.

We had 5 1/2 months of beautiful joy and spiritual Blessings. My point is forget the junk and just go for it. You would be amazed at the absolute joy can be had with a little effort.

I invite all to visit my Bio and be encouraged with life. God love all and keep you safe

Philip
Hello Philip!

I wondered where you had gone! A bittersweet welcome back!
Posts 41 - 50 of 109