Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 2nd 2013 new
I never remember mine unless they are really stupid or annoying.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I never remember mine unless they are really stupid or annoying.
laughing Ann that's quite all right. A couple of mine mentioned are pretty dumb too. And....I have more!
Course we all understand that's all they are; just dreams!
Jul 2nd 2013 new
My dream (nightmare) must have happened when I was 16, because I had my license and was allowed to drive the car on our vacation to California.

I dreamt I was driving our brown Ford station wagon loaded with family up a twisty mountain road when I realized I was going the wrong way. As soon as I found a break in the dividing fence, I started to make a U-turn. Now matter how hard I turned the steering wheel, I couldn't make the turn and drove off the side of the mountain. As we were falling (it was like floating) my family disappeared, the brown station wagon turned into a baby blue '65 Comet (my first car). Then the Comet disappeared.

I was freefalling down, and as I got closer to the ground I could see a rock about 6-7" in diameter. My head was going right straight for it. A split second before my head hit the rock, I woke up spread-eagle on my stomach in a cold sweat. I must have given a shout because my sisters whom I shared a room with asked if I was alright.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Joanne-846477 said: My dream (nightmare) must have happened when I was 16, because I had my license and was allowed to drive the car on our vacation to California.

I dreamt I was driving our brown Ford station wagon loaded with family up a twisty mountain road when I realized I was going the wrong way. As soon as I found a break in the dividing fence, I started to make a U-turn. Now matter how hard I turned the steering wheel, I couldn't make the turn and drove off the side of the mountain. As we were falling (it was like floating) my family disappeared, the brown station wagon turned into a baby blue '65 Comet (my first car). Then the Comet disappeared.

I was freefalling down, and as I got closer to the ground I could see a rock about 6-7" in diameter. My head was going right straight for it. A split second before my head hit the rock, I woke up spread-eagle on my stomach in a cold sweat. I must have given a shout because my sisters whom I shared a room with asked if I was alright.
Wow Joanne! Those "falling" type dreams are probably "common" to all of us.
But that one is frightening.
I can remember one I had where I was falling off a building (afraid of heights in real life too) but it turned out okay. Because when I fell....all of of a sudden I was waving my arms and started flying! laughing I remember thinking to myself..."Wow what a way to find out you can fly!"
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I seldom remember my dreams but when I do, it's usually about losing something: my purse, my wallet, my keys, my kids!
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: I seldom remember my dreams but when I do, it's usually about losing something: my purse, my wallet, my keys, my kids!
laughing Now Jan we wouldn't want you to do that right? Oh wait it's a dream ha!
I dreamed one time I was scoring a long touchdown.....but along the way my hip pads were sliding down....therefore...so were my pants! By the time I got to the end zone...they looked like the kid's pants worn now! laughing Sure glad that was a dream!
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: John I'm sorry but the first part was funny in a way....although not so much to you I bet! But the second part with Freddy is indeed a scare. (especially being in an abandoned town) I actually only saw the first two "Nightmare on Elm Street" flicks. That first one was soooo.... scary~
Haha. I know what you mean when you say that the first part was funny. When I think about it now, it is funny because I associate it with cartoons and other funny things that I will not mention here laughingAs a kid, it was pretty terrifying though. You know something weird? I only had those Freddy dreams whenever I had a fever! I think most of my nightmares occur when I'm sick.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
laughing Picturing that is too funny! Glad is was only a dream
Jul 2nd 2013 new
My profile summary is in dream form.

Not really trying to be clever, it just happened last night actually. 'came looking to rustle up some conversation, and here's an overly relevant thread :0]

I dream full-scale coherent narratives that I can relate back to my life easily. But this is probably because I grew up with a dad who would assert, in the face of all culture, that we no longer consult the underlying purpose of our actions in the things we do.

I actually think that having dramatic and coherent dreams is a sign of vitality and good health, and the reason it's so present in the bible and childhood. Tolkien may have felt the same, having the elves walk among the real world through some sort of astral projection in their sleep. More than mumbo jumbo, it's a reflection of one's integrity in relation to the natural world.

I've had times where I did not dream with purpose. I wasn't very religious or happy during those times.

The dream I describe in my profile summary actually came after a day of prayer and abstinence from certain vices. It always seems to happen that way.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Christopher-235772 said: My profile summary is in dream form.

Not really trying to be clever, it just happened last night actually. 'came looking to rustle up some conversation, and here's an overly relevant thread :0]

I dream full-scale coherent narratives that I can relate back to my life easily. But this is probably because I grew up with a dad who would assert, in the face of all culture, that we no longer consult the underlying purpose of our actions in the things we do.

I actually think that having dramatic and coherent dreams is a sign of vitality and good health, and the reason it's so present in the bible and childhood. Tolkien may have felt the same, having the elves walk among the real world through some sort of astral projection in their sleep. More than mumbo jumbo, it's a reflection of one's integrity in relation to the natural world.

I've had times where I did not dream with purpose. I wasn't very religious or happy during those times.

The dream I describe in my profile summary actually came after a day of prayer and abstinence from certain vices. It always seems to happen that way.
Christopher thank you for posting...and Welcome to the Forums!
WOW! What can I say? Quite an interesting post!
All right....I'll say this: I have dramatic dreams....but not they are seldom coherent~
Posts 21 - 30 of 80