Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Catholic volunteering places

Jun 30th 2013 new
Can anybody suggest a good volunteering place or a live-in community where Roman Catholic people(from different countries) work, live and pray together for a year or a half-year? I've recently been in an Anglican run volunteering place in the UK where Christian people(mainly Anglican, Evangelical and Baptist) worked together to run a Christian Holiday centre and it was a really nice experience to be there. I wonder if there are similar places for Roman Catholic people (includingr the over 30's). Does anybody know a place like that?
Jun 30th 2013 new
Catholic Relief Services may have a program like that. Or try Maryknoll.
Jun 30th 2013 new
dvusa.org Dominican Volunteers USA
dviop.org Dominican Volunteers International

The dvusa that have come to Grand Rapids, MI lived in community, shared in all aspects of the congregation and were assigned work in any number of areas. I can give you names and numbers if you decide you might want to go with them. An 11 month plus commitment . Awesome !!!
The sisters of Mercy of the Americas also has Mercy Corp which is quite nice also. I don't know if you would be housed separately or in one of the homes of the Sisters
Jul 1st 2013 new
Thanks a lot for your replies.:)
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Any more?
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Viola-982212 said: Can anybody suggest a good volunteering place or a live-in community where Roman Catholic people(from different countries) work, live and pray together for a year or a half-year? I've recently been in an Anglican run volunteering place in the UK where Christian people(mainly Anglican, Evangelical and Baptist) worked together to run a Christian Holiday centre and it was a really nice experience to be there. I wonder if there are similar places for Roman Catholic people (includingr the over 30's). Does anybody know a place like that?

I am particularly fond of the Salesians of Don Bosco. Their mission is to serve the young and the poor, especially at risk youth. Their are plenty of opportunities worldwide as a Salesian Lay Missioner. Their link is:

salesianvolunteers.org

Jul 2nd 2013 new
My favorite friars in the world the CFR's cfrhonduras.com
Jul 2nd 2013 new
L'Arche communities are all over the world and were founded by the great French-Canadian philosopher and writer Jean Vanier. Its focus is Catholic but it is ecumenical as well due to the members being from different faiths.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10