Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 03 new
Everyone sees the same thing differently too.
Jul 04 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: Weve known for a long time, to quote the Greek philosopher Epictetus, that men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them,'
that is so absolutely true
Jul 04 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: My attitude is gratitude - once saw in a doctors office and it is very good advice. Many people are influenced by their past experiences and child and or adult trauma which makes it difficult to always be positive and look on the bright side of life. This disordered thinking is caused by actual chemical imbalances in the brain and the devil certainly knows how to find our faults and blocks. We should always strived to find the good in others and in life (actually living in the United States can start a gratitude list all of its own) but in the day and age we live in, all of the noise and disorder makes it more difficult. Think of Jesus- Perfect Peace Perfect Consoler and have a gratitude journal to jot down five things you are grateful for each day.
Thanks for this reminder, Kristin, about the gratitude list. I even used to have this daily calendar book that included pages in it to write your daily 3-4 items you were thankful for. I also know I try & recall the words "Thank you Jesus", during the day as situations arise to challenge me & I then find a way out. I also recall the scripture: "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me". Peace!
Jul 04 new
We actually see the same things differently... the same, that's how love and pentecost are even possible.

A Shamrock makes an excellent aid in clarifying this. As does Marcel Duchamp's "The Bride," for those willing to take the time (most modern artist's don't).

It's true even down to the last genetic variance. Love has a form.

I said to him, "Supposing there were an act of parliament......to say that I, Richard Rich, were to be king. Would not you, Master More, take me for king?"

"That I would," he said.
"For then... you would be king."

-A Man For All Seasons, by Robert Bolt

Jul 04 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Didn't Scarlett O'Hara say something along those lines?
Rhett Butler said, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

We can't hold onto negative things of the past but need to have a positive outlook every day.

Thank you Lord Jesus for another day and opportunity to discern truth and do your will so that we all can be happier and healthier Praying
Jul 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: ...If you don't like what your thinking, stop thinking about it. Natural thinking increases good mood. When you have to work on it, you become unhappy and usually stems up from our thought processes and all the negativities and egos and judgements, etc., and we have to readjust our software to start thinking differently....
Ronald, you made me go try to find Scarlett's quotes.

Scarlett: "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
"After all... tomorrow is another day."

Jul 04 new
I do believe that our thoughts affect our moods, but I also think that my moods affect my thoughts. On days when I am feeling well rested, energetic, and joyful it's easy to think well of others/myself/my job. On days when I'm not feeling like that, it is a struggle to think positively.
Jul 04 new
Angela's descriptions are normal, I think, for humans. How important, then, it is to have supportive friends or family, who can offer a hand up when we are down, give us encouragement for the road, make us laugh to cheer us, and just listen when we need to vent, or to share, or just pour out unused words.
Posts 31 - 38 of 38