Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 03 new
Making the transition into becoming a" night owl" faint wide eyed
Jul 04 new
John just finished watching Knight and Day (for the second time!) with his mom and dad. Now he's dreading the crazy amount of cooking and baking he'll have to do for tomorrow's July 4th party. 'MURICA!
Jul 04 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Zoom informs Margo that Catholic critic Steven D. Greydanus wrote a scathing review of the new Lone Ranger movie. And what Mr. Greydanus has an issue with is critical enough, that Zoom has scratched the movie off his "to see" list.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/sdg-reviews-the-lone-ranger/
Zoom, I was not happy to read that there was a scathing review of The Lone Ranger, b/c I was hoping that this movie was an entertaining sociocultural critique, w/Tonto finally getting kudos for being an intelligent guy. I am so disappointed! Yup, the review will prevent me from seeing the movie till it's available on Netflix. If I get grossed out by Shrek farting in a pond (didn't know that was coming), I'm not gonna knowingly pay admission to a movie where The Lone Ranger ends up with horse doo on his face.

So disappointed with Disney for coming out with such a movie, too. It's all about making money, as was probably always the case.
Jul 04 new
Margo is having a quiet day at home b/c she's exhausted. She may venture out later for fireworks, but has only spent the day doing laundry and living quietly. M has a tendency to forget she's disabled, push herself too much, then crash. That happened today. It's been a busy summer, mostly fun, but also with some genuine work demands.
Jul 04 new
Anne hopes Margo puts her feet up for a well earned rest,and later has a peek at the fireworks for Anne's sake(she is quiet curios about American customs scratchchin )Anne is inviting Margo to visit a Pinkies thread and give her wise council to appreciative women there biggrinTime to get up and have a cup'o'tea
Jul 04 new
Zoom just got back from a 4th of July shopping trip. He spent the rest of his Sears purchase protection gift card on two new short sleeve shirts for work, since the replacement Blu-ray player he bought last Thursday left a balance on the card. After the shirt purchase, the remaining balance was 3 cents!

Zoom then went over to FYE and picked up the new CD from Christian rock band Skillet, "RISE". He also reserved his copy of Star Trek into Darkness on Blu-ray (it comes out in September).
When Zoom got home he was pleasantly surprised to find a bonus DVD in the Skillet CD package. There was no sticker on the over wrap advertising it; it was mentioned in small print on the back cover.
Jul 05 new
Good morning everyone. Margo is doing much better after getting grounded at home yesterday and doing some good self-care. She plans to continue to ground herself today, cleaning out excess stuff that has collected in her house over the years.

It started out with looking for a picture frame that I hope will work with a print I recently bought at a yard sale. Needless to say, that chore has expanded! faint
Jul 05 new
Margo, not long ago Sam's kids found her reading in bed in the middle of the day. When they inquired what on earth she was doing, Sam replied that she had put herself in time out! Brava, Margo! Good for you! Zoom, Sam's son likes Skillet, too.

Sam and the kids spent most of the 4th on her sister's farm putzing, then came home, lit off fireworks and sat around the fire pit. It was a fine day with many opportunities to laugh and be grateful.

Sam's other sister just called this morning to say her sons rescued a nest of wood ducks from a cat, but they aren't thriving. She will keep all posted on whether she is about to become a wood duck foster mama. (certified wildlife rehabilitator) She did recommend that her sis call the DNR, instead.

Sam is also headed to the doctor to get the dressing changed on her hand. Please pray for good, healthy tissue under there...Sam wants to go swimming!
Jul 05 new
Does the perpetual status imply that one is to remain solo throughout the course of life? I don't understand what one is expected to contribute regarding content that is relevant. Can you advise me as to what direction is best?
Jul 05 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Does the perpetual status imply that one is to remain solo throughout the course of life? I don't understand what one is expected to contribute regarding content that is relevant. Can you advise me as to what direction is best?
Maryjane, my understanding of the Status threads is that they're similar to whatever is on Facebook (I'm not on there). They're just a place where people can post whatever it is they're up to--relevant or not. And people speak of themselves in third person, generally. Whoever starts a new thread after the old one is full (at 200 posts) chooses whatever title he/she wants to put on it. I think, in this case, 'perpetual' meant the ever-presence of the Status thread--it just goes on & on & on. Like the Word Association threads. Or the Banning threads. The direction best is to just be yourself! Welcome. rose
Posts 31 - 40 of 200