Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Okay, so I signed up for this site today.
I've never been in a relationship. I've been on dates with a few people but I was never head over heels for any of them.

I know that's what I want. I want to be head over heels. I want to find that person that I can't wait to talk to every day. Someone that puts a curl in my toes and a smile on my face.

But I am scared too. This is a big step for me putting myself out there. I guess what I am looking for is some support and advice on how to use this site. I don't have any "single" friends so I don't have anyone to go through this process with me or who has advice.

In short any help you can give me is much appreciated.
Jul 04 new
Hi and welcome! Come to the Pink Room, the Women's Discussion group-a great place to start off:)
All the best Laura.
Jul 04 new
Welcome to CM! You're an attractive young lady, and it's wonderful that you're involved in your church. (I don't normally view younger ladies profiles, but to make a relevant response ... pls forgive!) Get to know the various options on the site - you found the Forums! That's a great start. Patience is a huge part of this quest, too. I noticed, Anne's response - trust her, she's a smart lady! And there are many other's as well. And there are several fine, young men that I've noted through their responses in the fora.

Blessings, and a prayer for your success and happiness!
Praying

PS: Many people find themselves working 'outside' of their degree fields. Ha! I just 'entered' my degree field after 27+ years with my company! A degree mostly demonstrates the capacity to learn and the ability to commit and follow through. Those are a couple of keys to career success! Add those to your Faith and Trust in God, and you're in good shape!

Jul 04 new
Stay involved in the forums! Go introduce yourself to the "pinkies" -- there are some great ladies in there who can provide grounding advice and encouragement. Keep participating and you'll find the community here is great 00 you might have to wait a while to meet someone but you'll make some friends in the same life situation you're in!
Jul 04 new
Welcome Laura!
Don't ever lose that "head over heels" quest.
Jul 04 new
(quote) Laura-598039 said: Okay, so I signed up for this site today.
I've never been in a relationship. I've been on dates with a few people but I was never head over heels for any of them.

I know that's what I want. I want to be head over heels. I want to find that person that I can't wait to talk to every day. Someone that puts a curl in my toes and a smile on my face.

But I am scared too. This is a big step for me putting myself out there. I guess what I am looking for is some support and advice on how to use this site. I don't have any "single" friends so I don't have anyone to go through this process with me or who has advice.

In short any help you can give me is much appreciated.
I advise you to be very careful, prudent and picky as well. Be realistic and also make friends. have a good time in the forums. Check out the ladies room and run everything by a close and trusted friend.
Jul 04 new
lso remember there is no rush for anything. So remember..... you must learn the ropes.
Jul 04 new
wave Welcome Laura -
You've joined a wonderful site! I have made lots of friends here and enjoy it a lot. Stay involved in the forums and yes, do visit the ladies in the Pink room! Lots of good advice there!
God bless you in your search and have fun!
Trish
Jul 04 new
wave Welcome Laura -
You've joined a wonderful site! I have made lots of friends here and enjoy it a lot. Stay involved in the forums and yes, do visit the ladies in the Pink room! Lots of good advice there!
God bless you in your search and have fun!
Trish
Jul 04 new
Welcome, fellow Cincinnati resident!

I hear what you're saying. The number of my single friends is dwindling, which means fewer friends I can relate to as I go through the ongoing difficulties of being single. I've gone on several dates in the past, but have never been in a relationship, either. So I can relate on that count.

It's crucial to know what you want, and to not settle for someone you just don't think you 'click' with, as good as they may very well be. I believe you're on the right track so far with having this mindset. But also be sure to place plenty of trust in God, despite how slow He may seem to work. Remember that He can't help those who don't really believe He will assist them.

I don't know if that counts as advice, good or otherwise. I hope it helps you though.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18