Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

lovestruck! When you browse someone's profile what are you looking for? Do you read the entire profie or just look at the picture and move on? We take the time to thoughtfully write our profies - even including interview questions and I wonder how many actually read them or just skip by. Your next great love could be right there!





Jul 05 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said:    





1. Age & marital status.
2. Is there anything written in the "seeking" section...or is it only about them?
3. Is there something in the write-up that strikes a chord with me? Common hobbies, background, funny/clever turn of phrase, interesting profession?
4. Kids at home & relationship with family.
I almost never notice where people live or the books they read.
If there's a quiz I always fill it out and usually send an emote with a comment. If there's no quiz I nearly always send an emote anyway, with an invitation to participate in the forums if it's a new member.
Jul 05 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: When you browse someone's profile what are you looking for? Do you read the entire profie or just look at the picture and move on? We take the time to thoughtfully write our profies - even including interview questions and I wonder how many actually read them or just skip by. Your next great love could be right there!





I don't stop at the picture, but if there is no picture I do not even click on the profile.
Jul 05 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. Age & marital status.
2. Is there anything written in the "seeking" section...or is it only about them?
3. Is there something in the write-up that strikes a chord with me? Common hobbies, background, funny/clever turn of phrase, interesting profession?
4. Kids at home & relationship with family.
I almost never notice where people live or the books they read.
If there's a quiz I always fill it out and usually send an emote with a comment. If there's no quiz I nearly always send an emote anyway, with an invitation to participate in the forums if it's a new member.
I usually try to see who they are seeking as well, also how they write and what they have to say about themselves and the person they seek.
Jul 05 new
I look to see if there are interests we have in common, if they have picture (if they don't I bypass them), if they are 7 of 7, what their description says and what their seeking section says.
Jul 05 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: When you browse someone's profile what are you looking for? Do you read the entire profie or just look at the picture and move on? We take the time to thoughtfully write our profies - even including interview questions and I wonder how many actually read them or just skip by. Your next great love could be right there!





If I am interested in learning more, I will read the entire profile, the pictures, interview. SOMETIMES, I will send an emote or message if I am interested. Of course, I also send messages to people that I am not romantically interested in.
Jul 05 new
I read it all - cover to cover, unless I read about a deal breaker, then I move on. I read profiles without a picture, but must admit, I wonder why there is no picture.
Jul 05 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: I read it all - cover to cover, unless I read about a deal breaker, then I move on. I read profiles without a picture, but must admit, I wonder why there is no picture.
What Jan said!
Jul 05 new
I try to read it all, although I will admit to occasionally skimming if I don't find myself immediately intrigued! I am looking for something in common, a sense of humor and intelligence, signs that he doesn't take himself too seriously and enjoys life... And also that little "nudge" from the Spirit that says "give this one a go".
Posts 1 - 9 of 9