Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Due to the above, I posted a thread in Single life about the topic of whether divorced should seek annulments before they begin dating. The thread was locked and it was stated that this can be discussed in the divorced room. There is a nice thread there but being never married I am not allowed to post. So I started the thread in Single life. I hope that this issue of being able to discus this topic and do it on the forums will be resolved. It seems a bit controlling to put a stop to a thread four posts in and then state we can talk about it in the divorced room. I specifically started it so it could be discussed. I do realize that perhaps it is too contentious a topic? Is that the problem? MAybe thet is why never marrieds were barred from the divorce room in the first place.
Jul 5th 2013 new
Say what?
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-979190 said: Say what?
To clarify:

There is a topic in the Divorced forum that is of interest to one or more never-married members, who are unable to post in that forum.

One interested party created a topic on the same subject in an open forum. This topic was locked with an admonition that the subject matter is proper to the Divorced forum.

This topic appears to be asking for guidance from the admins regarding the conundrum presented by those who cant' post in the Divorced forum being directed to take the discussion there.

Jul 5th 2013 new
The discussions concerning divorced Catholic by members who are not divorced themselves have never gone well and have often ended it a lack of charity towards members who have gone through a divorce. Thus we created a separate room for those discussions. We publish a number of blog articles on the topic which clearly articulate the Church's teaching and have those authors occasionally comment in the divorce room as well. As of now we feel that separation does the most good for all involved.
Jul 5th 2013 new
Maybe CM can consider "never married forum" as previously suggested by other members?
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: The discussions concerning divorced Catholic by members who are not divorced themselves have never gone well and have often ended it a lack of charity towards members who have gone through a divorce. Thus we created a separate room for those discussions. We publish a number of blog articles on the topic which clearly articulate the Church's teaching and have those authors occasionally comment in the divorce room as well. As of now we feel that separation does the most good for all involved.
I do see what a contentious topic it can be. I missed it the day the rule was made and when some persons were uncharitable that put the rule in place.(I did nto see exactly what happened.) I wish that we could discuss the importance of the matter somewhere here. I did post to the blog but it is not necessarily the same as posting to a thread. I understand why we are not allowed to post in the divorce room but these are very important matters that should be reviewed by new members... I wish there was some way to approach this ... without having it locked. I recently was approached by a divorced man who saw no reason to get an annulment and I wish there was a way to educate others at least at times in this area. I am glad Joan has posted to this issue and that it does refer to the blog.
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: I do see what a contentious topic it can be. I missed it the day the rule was made and when some persons were uncharitable that put the rule in place.(I did nto see exactly what happened.) I wish that we could discuss the importance of the matter somewhere here. I did post to the blog but it is not necessarily the same as posting to a thread. I understand why we are not allowed to post in the divorce room but these are very important matters that should be reviewed by new members... I wish there was some way to approach this ... without having it locked. I recently was approached by a divorced man who saw no reason to get an annulment and I wish there was a way to educate others at least at times in this area. I am glad Joan has posted to this issue and that it does refer to the blog.
The best way to educate them is to point them to our divorced section www.catholicmatch.com and to the discussion room. If they are truly seeking what the Church teaches they will easily find it if pointed in right direction.
Jul 5th 2013 new
Just as many people who have never been divorced or annulled, date people who are just divorced. There is a low probability that people who have never been divorced would go to the Divorced Room.
Jul 5th 2013 new
A never married forum would be great and be a fair.
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: A never married forum would be great and be a fair.
Now I see whay it would make it more fair. At least we could talk about some topics we are being barred from discussing at this point....unless we were further barred from the topic itself.
Posts 1 - 10 of 24