Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Study Group for Lumen Fidei

Jul 5th 2013 new
As our Holy Father Pope Francis has just released his first papal encyclical and this being the year of faith, I wondered if maybe people wouldn't be interested in doing a study group or book club of sorts and reading through it together? We could do it in parts per week or two weeks and discuss portions together - I know encyclicals seem daunting but I've discovered you don't often need a deep theological background to get something out of reading one and I suspect many people hear can contribute what the rest of us lack! So, anyone in? How big should our chunks be? One or two paragraphs at a time? How long for each?
Jul 5th 2013 new
The paragraphs are grouped into sections. Maybe take a section at a time?

www.vatican.va.
Jul 5th 2013 new
I would agree.

BTW, it is available as a PDF, so that anyone can download it and, if they want it in booklet form, have it printed at a nearby Kinkos or Staples.
Posts 1 - 3 of 3