Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 03 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: She might not be gone. Pray, and give her time. If she returns, pray more, and discern carefully.
Thanks Bob,

That is a possibility, but as of right now I am not expecting/ counting on it. If we were were to get back together it will only be because she made the commitment to study and understand the Catholic Faith. I will see her on a regular basis in our circle of friends, and I think that it's best for her if I teach her about my faith as a friend. Right now there is too big a gap faith-wise to move forward with any romantic aspect.
Jul 03 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Thanks Bob,

That is a possibility, but as of right now I am not expecting/ counting on it. If we were were to get back together it will only be because she made the commitment to study and understand the Catholic Faith. I will see her on a regular basis in our circle of friends, and I think that it's best for her if I teach her about my faith as a friend. Right now there is too big a gap faith-wise to move forward with any romantic aspect.
You're welcome Matt. Establishing a proper relationship requires agreeing spiritually before anythng else progresses.
Jul 03 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: I agree... 
With my comment? Or with my "signature" that puts a two-cent value on my comment. laughing

Peace and blessings,

p.s., prayers for the both of you. Praying

Matt, i dont know you but can relate to what your going through (i suppose a lot of us can). I met someone i thought was my "match" not here i might add. Anyway to cut a long story short the relationship was amazing and the best i've ever known. However there were certain things I was not willing to sacrifice and she called it quits.

To be honest it will hurt a lot initially but the only way I found a way through was through prayer. I know its a cliche but its the truth. Dont give up hope just move forward.

It's a painful lesson to learn but maybe you were selling your soul short? that's what you have to keep thinking

good luck
Jul 03 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: I agree... I'm pretty sure she & I will talk about it in the next few days and until then I won't know for sure, but she definitely seems scared to change her world view...

Hi Matt,
If you think you will be discussing it again I encourage you to find the Pope Paul VI Institute or American Academy of Fertility Care Professionals website and study or perhaps print and study the info there about effectiveness.
There is a lot of misinformation about NFP out there but there are also a lot of fly by night providers teaching seat of the pants methods which are not effective. This can be tragic when a couple has a serious reason ( she has cancer, etc) for avoiding pregnancy and leads to a great deal of hostility from health care personnel. Perhaps your girlfriend ran across some legitimate criticism of a less effective approach and is understandably distrustful.
I congratulate you both on your chastity and on being so dedicated to a relationship with integrity.
Cindy
Jul 04 new
Sometimes a couple drifts apart. Accepting that is the hardest part. Good luck to you and remember that things happen for a reason. Theresa
Jul 05 new
Hi Matt,

Been praying for you, well all of us here on CM, and was hoping you had some peace around this. I wondered if you perhaps had a chance to speak to your friend? Perhaps things worked themselves out. She sounds lovely.

In Christ,
Leyden
Jul 05 new
Get out of they House. Enjoy your hobbies. Find New hobbies. Try http://www.meetuo.com
Jul 05 new
Get out of they House. Enjoy your hobbies. Find New hobbies. Tryhttp://www.meetup.com

Jul 05 new
I completely understand, Matt. Break-ups hurt! Keeping it chaste will enable you to heal easier. God bless you. Praying Praying
Posts 21 - 30 of 33