Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

It is OK to Lighten up !!

Jul 6th 2013 new

Everything and Everyone seem so serious on here...Me too sometimes....
That S%$%#s ,,big time,,

Even if we ever find a forever Sweetheart,,the glue that will probably keep the relationship together is laughter and trying to be funny in general and amuse each other in the relationship....

I love to laugh....i do my share of crying at times,,but I laugh a lot more...When i was married,,,we laughed all the time...ALL THE TIME,,, and then ALL THE TIME,,,!!!

My wife would not allow any sadness,,,,
Boy,,I wish God hadn't taken her away from me...Trying to find another Sweeteart really
Su%%ks big time...Sometimes I hate God for taking her from me....

Will you lighten up one day to let love flow thru you,,or will you remain closed..?

I'm giving up too...It is almost not worth it.....All the goody-goodies will disagree,,but sometimes God is a un-merciful, punishment driven,,hateful God......
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

That S%$%#s ,,big time,,

Even if we ever find a forever Sweetheart,,the glue that will probably keep the relationship together is laughter and trying to be funny in general and amuse each other in the relationship....

I love to laugh....i do my share of crying at times,,but I laugh a lot more...When i was married,,,we laughed all the time...ALL THE TIME,,, and then ALL THE TIME,,,!!!

Boy,,I wish God hadn't taken her away from me...Trying to find another Sweeteart really

Will you lighten up one day to let love flow thru you,,or will you remain closed..?

I'm giving up too...It is almost not worth it.....All the goody-goodies will disagree,,but sometimes God is a un-merciful, punishment driven,,hateful God......
Two words, Kenny: choose joy. I wish you peace. hug
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

That S%$%#s ,,big time,,

Sheesh, okay here is something to laugh about:

www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

Jul 6th 2013 new
Yeah, it sucks. I know. I feel your pain. But let's keep walking down this difficult road together. You're not alone. A whole bunch of us are walking it, too. angel
Jul 6th 2013 new
Kenny: Yes, I feel your pain. My husband died 3 yrs ago and it feels like just yesterday. Just keep remembering all the good times that you and your wife had. I know that God has someone very special for you and all you have to do is be patient. Hope that you have a good day!
Jul 6th 2013 new
I don't feel that God is a vindictive God, but sometimes life hurts. On one of my darkest days, I told a minister friend that I was waiting for God to bless me like he had blessed Job after tragedy. The minister got a funny look on his face and he said to me that he had always wondered about Job because people cannot be replaced. Yes, Job found love again, and yes he was happy again, but you and I both know he went through hell first. One of my favorite verses has become a promise to me: Job 42:5 which in essence says that until now I had only heard of the glories of God, but now I have seen them.

Yes, I do need to lighten up at times, but humor is crucial to resilience and laughter sometimes is cleansing.
Jul 6th 2013 new
Kenny,

Levity is the nectar of the spirit. I have watched your postings and I always smile. You have a special gift that makes sadness go away if just for a moment.

Should you look at my Bio you will see that I am still in the grieving cycle of life. We were married only 5 1/2 months and the hurt will last for a long time but as the Irish say:

Without tears
Our eyes would never see
What we hold inside

Without darkness
we would have no reason
To look to the light of Heaven

Also:

Death leaves a heartache
No one can heal

Love leaves a memory
No one can steal.

Kenny, keep doing what you are doing and may God bless you with comfort and keep you close to His Heart

Philip

Jul 6th 2013 new
I think God has a sense of humour. We are created in his image. Surely he laughed in his life on earth as Jesus. We know he cried.

If God has a sense of humour, then we can give ourselves permission to lighten up. If we are in pain(physical, emotional, grieving,etc.), then that sense of humour can be far away or seem bitter or painful.

However, God did create the sun and it does rise on a new day every twenty-four hours. At some future new day, may we all smile and enjoy that sense of humour that God has given us!
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) John-34848 said: I think God has a sense of humour. We are created in his image. Surely he laughed in his life on earth as Jesus. We know he cried.

If God has a sense of humour, then we can give ourselves permission to lighten up. If we are in pain(physical, emotional, grieving,etc.), then that sense of humour can be far away or seem bitter or painful.

However, God did create the sun and it does rise on a new day every twenty-four hours. At some future new day, may we all smile and enjoy that sense of humour that God has given us!
Yes, John, God has a sense of humor! When I see how I can make a mountain out of a molehill and realize it, God laughs! When I start to think that I am important, God laughs! And when I beat myself over the head for saying this or doing that, God laughs! And then God gently urges me to reflect again on my favorite verse from Jeremiah (29:11-13) and then I also laugh !
Jul 6th 2013 new
God definitely has a sense of humour... remember how Jesus responded to the "hand washing" attach of the Pharasees against His apostles?

He made the bright, pure stars for the darkness; the sweet smell of clean for the rain; the blue skies for every day; beauty in the snow; strength in every trial, and His own Blessed Self in the Sacrament of the Altar. :)

God is so good in His trials.. we had bad flooding here in Calgary a few weeks and the clean up efforts and the input and help from neighbours and local businesses has been amazing! I can't think of how many people now have an actual relationship with their neighbour down the street now.. even though they've been with 3 houses of each other for years. :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 19