Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 04 new
I remember a dream I had in my 50's that was so real I woke up sweating bullets! ha! I dreamed and old principal I had in high school (should have been my first clue....cause he's deceased now!) called me and said "I have some bad news. We have recently reviewed your high school credits and show you are one class short of graduating! I am afraid you'll have to enroll next semester and take this class because your diploma is being revoked! Matter of fact,bring it with you so we can dispose of it"? huh? I remember thinking "What the h----?" What class? Knitting?" I did ask him about all the college classes I had taken...and he said, "Oh..those won't count either" I remember...thinking..."How will it look..a 50 some odd year old sitting there with high schoolers! Anyway I woke up....finally!laughing
Jul 04 new
Hi Jerry-"sweating bullets" never heard that description before laughing
I used to have scarey dreams of driving in the rain,on an unknown Freeway,hair in my face,not able to see over the dashboard and in the rain.AND on the wrong lane going against the flow of traffic!! Always a relief to wake up from that one:) eyepopping
A few times I've had the same dream of happily driving along with my family then realize - not only is the road becoming steeper driving uphill,it's starting to curve over it's self!Like a loop, and I know the car is going to fall OFF the road! Like a Hot Rods toy car race only this is in slow motion.Yikes!
Another frustrating dream(result of frustration? scratchchin) is of swimming in a pool, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot dive below the surface-it's like rubber!
Jul 05 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: I remember a dream I had in my 50's that was so real I woke up sweating bullets! ha! I dreamed and old principal I had in high school (should have been my first clue....cause he's deceased now!) called me and said "I have some bad news. We have recently reviewed your high school credits and show you are one class short of graduating! I am afraid you'll have to enroll next semester and take this class because your diploma is being revoked! Matter of fact,bring it with you so we can dispose of it"? huh? I remember thinking "What the h----?" What class? Knitting?" I did ask him about all the college classes I had taken...and he said, "Oh..those won't count either" I remember...thinking..."How will it look..a 50 some odd year old sitting there with high schoolers! Anyway I woke up....finally!
Jerry! I thought I was the only one who had a dream like that. Only in mine I actually went back to high school with my nieces and nephews and had so much trouble passing!! Ironic because I was near the top of my class when I originally graduated.

Jul 05 new
Once,I had a dream about an attractive co-worker.We were kissing at the beach.I thought that IT WAS NOT a dream.
Then,I woke up... eyepopping eyepopping irked irked
Jul 06 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: Once,I had a dream about an attractive co-worker.We were kissing at the beach.I thought that IT WAS NOT a dream.
Then,I woke up...
laughingHad those Gerard.Don't you hate it when that happens!
I had one where I was in some kind of neat place....wonderful scenery...kissing this pretty young lady. I then saw the scenery changed to the backyard of one of my childhood homes..and heard: "Okay Jer....come in and wash up....time for dinner!" embarassed laughingLuckily I woke up....I was soooo embarassed!
Jul 06 new
Oddly enough, anytime I had an upcoming graduation (8th grade, high school, college, etc.) I would dream that I was running so late that I missed the whole graduation! Luckily, that didn't happen.

I've had dreams where I could not find my car. I guess it's a fear - relying on the car so much for work, school, errands. A feeling of being stranded is scary.
Jul 06 new
Julie, funny you mentioned the car scenario. I was thinking about posting one and now will.
I dreamed I was crossing a bridge over a lake which is near my home. The roads were very slick. I remember losing control of my car and crashing through the rail and plummeting the 30 or 40 ft to the water. The initial impact was such a jolt I was knocked out. When I came to....the car was filling quickly. In the dream I had "roll up" windows (which in reality I haven't had in years.) I remember so vividly saying/thinking..."keep your cool"I started unrolling the drivers window. Impossible...had to wait.Finally i was able to get it down. But couldn't move. The seatbelt! I unbuckled and floated out. This lake at that point is nearly 50 ft. deep. The nightmare finally kicked in. i couldn't make it to the surface without taking in water. As i was going down....I finally woke up! Whew!
Jul 06 new
I've never put much credence i dream interpretation but I had a funny one last night.

I dreamed I was swallowing quarters. You lotsa 25 cent pieces. I had just happened to see the MASH rerun where Klinger was trying to eat a jeep. Like I said not much meaning in that one. LOL
Jul 06 new
Ok, three dreams came to mind right away. Today I had a dream about my Mom. She passed away in 2001 so I always love it when she shows up in my dreams. Nothing in particular happened that I can recall. The second dream was scary.i was traveling with some people. We were riding in a van. Some how after a stop, I got separated from the crowd and was left behind. I was carrying two throw pillows.... (odd I know but it was a dream) so, I proceeded to walk. As made my way to a crest of a hill I saw a mob of zombies coming up the hill... I looked around and obviously started walking in the opposite direction the whole time thinking in my head... Really? Zombies? I dont even watch these darn show! and oh... What the heck am I going to do with two darn throw pillows? All this logic and fear made me wake up! I couldn't make this kind of stuff up if it hadn't been a dream... The third one... God sang to me. In my Dream I knew every word to the song. When I woke up I could only recall the melody. I spent all day humming it. Later that night I located the song and all it's verses. YOU ARE MINE
Jul 07 new
(quote) Loretta-678584 said: Ok, three dreams came to mind right away. Today I had a dream about my Mom. She passed away in 2001 so I always love it when she shows up in my dreams. Nothing in particular happened that I can recall. The second dream was scary.i was traveling with some people. We were riding in a van. Some how after a stop, I got separated from the crowd and was left behind. I was carrying two throw pillows.... (odd I know but it was a dream) so, I proceeded to walk. As made my way to a crest of a hill I saw a mob of zombies coming up the hill... I looked around and obviously started walking in the opposite direction the whole time thinking in my head... Really? Zombies? I dont even watch these darn show! and oh... What the heck am I going to do with two darn throw pillows? All this logic and fear made me wake up! I couldn't make this kind of stuff up if it hadn't been a dream... The third one... God sang to me. In my Dream I knew every word to the song. When I woke up I could only recall the melody. I spent all day humming it. Later that night I located the song and all it's verses. YOU ARE MINE
Great hymn Loretta. My all time favorite.....along with "We are Many Parts"
Posts 41 - 50 of 80