Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: You know, I don't own a crock pot but have always wanted to get one. Your recipe sounds really good, one that I will try. I don't have a grill either. Got rid of the gas grill years ago. just never used it and it was taking up space. I asked around to see who wanted it but no one jumped at it so I put it out on bulk pick up day. Someone took all the good parts out and left the housing for it. lucky them. I need to get a table top charcoal grill though now especially with our hurricanes right around the corner. My neighbor told me to pick all his mangos off his tree today so I can't wait to make up dishes using them. any ideas?
OMG, I ** LOVE ** my crock pot. I actually have 3 and when I am working, they get a work out. There is nothing better than coming home to dinner being ready. If you are looking to get one, wait a little longer until the back to school sales start. I got one of mine for about $10 after coupons at Kohls. Bed Bath and Beyond also has good sales on them. I've gotten fairly good at converting recipes for the crock pot....It's just a matter of adjusting the water. A small roast, BBQ pork are super easy. Just get a small enough cut of meat and freeze part of it for next week. I also like to make apple sauce in mine in the fall. I will throw in whatever other fruit I have laying around, strawberries, peaches, pears and then will freeze it in old spaghetti jars to last me the winter.

If you have lots of Mangos, you can make a mango salsa or chutney which is really yummy over grilled or baked chicken. Frozen and mixed into smoothies, chopped and mixed into yogurt or cottage cheese. I'm jealous of the mangos! They are a favorite in our house.
Posts 61 - 61 of 61