Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
Women keep rejecting me either because of the distance, likes or even worse: chemistry. What is chemistry in your opinion people? I don't know if I should give up. I always hear the same excuses. :0(
Jul 8th 2013 new
If you are called to marriage, Carlos, don't give up! Keep praying for guidance and hope. You will find the woman for you!
Jul 8th 2013 new

Honestly,,,personally,,,,I'm not good at playing games and I'm really not willing to learn how !!

I'm old and tired and I'm willing to do my share,,,,,,,but if it seems like
( digging ditches type of ) work then maybe it wasn't meant to be...
I'm not smart enough to put all the pieces in proper places on the puzzle by myself....I thought that is why we seek companionship...to help each other find the right places for the puzzle pieces of life...

I need to join the """OLD FARTS SEEKING SIMPLE JOY AND LOVE"""" site....
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Bradley-266389 said: I must have "found" about 20 people on this site I could marry. The problem is...they don't write back when you try to contact them for the very first time, or are closed to the idea of romance. This is dismaying, because I feel like it is because we reduce people on this site to the question "are you my future husband/wife, or not?" If the answer to that question is a no just by a look at our profile, someone may choose to not even communicate with that person. Is this not tragic? Are we not called to avoid objectifying a person? I bet millions of people met the guy/girl of their dreams, and choose not to speak to them simply because at first impression they weren't deemed marriage material. If you message me, I will message you back, and be your friend--that's a promise. All of us on CM should extend that courtesy to each other.
You have the right idea ! Being open to the gifts God offers may give you the love of a lifetime! Who you imagine is right, may not be who God wants to offer you? So be alert to your inbox! And respond !
Jul 8th 2013 new
Well I joined this site with the intensions of making like minded friends. Outside of my church I really do not know that many actively practicing Catholics, and I thought that this site might be a good place to start. I was a little bit irritated at the fact that this site seems specifically designed for dating. I would like to see both male and female profiles as I wish to make friends of both genders. I write to people who interest me in the way of friendship (including some of the people who post in forums saying no one ever response to their emails). I also send a note to anyone who views my profile thanking for the views, I have only received two email responses.

I am personally not seeking anything in the way of romance until my annullment is complete, but I would love to make friends. I am not confident that I will find my future husband on here because I think that sometimes people on this site are so narrowly focused on one ideal imaginary goal that they aren't opening themselves up to the many wonderful people God has brought into their lives via this site.
Jul 9th 2013 new
Cara, I completely understand. Although CM is more of a Catholic fellowship community, the name CatholicMatch leads more people to join to search for their potential spouse. I think by being honest in our profiles of our reason for being here, we will weed through the ones who want a "quick fix." cookie
Jul 9th 2013 new
I don't know if I will or not but I do enjoy the companionship. There are a lot of nice people on here - granted the ratio of women to men is rather in the guys favor so that makes it tougher for us but it's nice to have like minded people on here! I've not given up but I guess I'm really letting God drive this bus! :)
Jul 9th 2013 new
Trish,

I can see where you are coming from, and you seem to have a point. I suggest you expand your search. Make it global. Go to events where you will definitely meet suitable men. If the friends you currently have do not open access to suitable men, make other friends from other groups, if necessary. Don't put all your eggs in the catholicmatch.com basket. Don't give up.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Hello Joan!
So good to see you! I agree also that one can communicate and learn from each other's experiences and personal stories. I was on CM for a short period of time last year. Then had no interest in returning until I met you and Lina, Janet, Bev, John, Dan, Allen, Michael and the rest of the Phoenix in the Spring Gang. So I'm in for 6 months and I'm learning, listening and thank you Lina>>> I'm posting too! haha!
We are so lucky to be rich in life experiences and sharing all that we are on CM.
Love and Blessings to all xo Joyce

Posts 101 - 109 of 109