Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Attracted to you. Do you agree or disagree and why?
Jul 10 new

Run..!!!! As Fast as you can...!
Jul 10 new
When people tell you information listen to them and believe them. If someone says they only want to be friends... then, for whatever their reasons... THEY ONLY WANT TO BE FRIENDS. If someone says, You are too good for me... believe them! They have known themselves longer than you have known them, thank them for the truth and back away. The longer I live I have learned and relearned... 1) The only person I have any control over is me! 2) Ask for what I need or want (people can't mind read, even if you think they should know.... assume if you must, that they don't) 3) That it is not good to over extend. Everyone wants attention but nobody wants to be smothered.4) People are responsible for their own communication. As stated above they have control over themselves, they need to ask for what they need and want because I am not a mind reader, if they are really interested they will extend themselves as much as I try to. With all of this being said,....if a person is saying they want to be just friends..... just believe them, decide for yourself if you can handle that and then don't over extend yourself. You can't push a string
Jul 10 new
Why does it have to mean that "they are not sexually attracted to you".. and not that they just want to be friends? scratchchin scratchchin
Jul 10 new
Being friends first is not a bad thing, it doesn't mean there is no sexual attraction. Some men really want to get to know the woman first. I believe that if sex is the only attraction it will fizzle fast. I would be offended if a man wanted to jump into bed with me without first being committed.
Courting is fun! It serves to heighten the experience.
Jul 10 new
I don't think is necessarilly a negative thing. They might really want to get to know you has a friend first. Some want to marry their best friend. I would ask why it's they are just saying that to be nice to end things it become apparent right away but if you are interested in more than friendship isn't smart to know exactly where you stand?
Jul 10 new
I agree! And that is not always a bad thing! I would rather have a good friend than sit and wonder if they were attracted to me. I just posted something in the 45+ forum about that! My nursing skills, and other education is often tapped by my friends! And I am honored they trust me enough to ask. I also ask for sharing f knowledge and skills from other friends. Friend is Good! And be a good friend who accepts others and does not try to change them!
Jul 10 new
(quote) Claudia-960515 said: Attracted to you. Do you agree or disagree and why?
I've heard it many times in my long life, and it no longer hurts like it did when I was younger. You must learn to graciously accept that chemistry is a two-way street. Dust off the book of your life and turn to the next chapter.
One of my best friends is a lady who told me those words a quarter century ago. Trust in the Man Upstairs. theheart
Jul 10 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Some want to marry their best friend.
ALL should want to marry their best friend.

Recently married Colette, who married Tom, made it clear that they started out only as Friends.
Jul 10 new
That usually is taken to mean that they don't want to be with you but saying they want to be friends is polite. However, if you have talked about it before, than it could mean differently and staying as friends can be cool. Of course, if they don't want to see you even after stating that they would like to be friends, that is clear that they are not interested. But if they state that they just want to be friends, it most likely means that they are not interested.

Hope this helps.
Posts 1 - 10 of 45