Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 11th 2013 new
I ask because the only reason I am Catholic and not something else is because prayer and Catholic sacramentals "work.". I mean from an empirical standpoint. They work. So, being concerned with the practical everyday side of spirituality, has any one else seen or experienced angels or spiritual phenomenon?
Jul 11th 2013 new
Years ago when my children were small,a new baby in arms,my ex invited crude,rough drinking friends of his to see the new baby.The man passing my beloved picture of Our Lady of Perpetual Help made a crude joke.I didn't hear a word he said even when he repeated again.I saw the movements of lips and others laughing.
I took my children to bed and felt more than ever protected and a child of God.
Jul 11th 2013 new
I don't expect or feel the need of spiritual phenomenons, being presant at the Consecration is enough and knowing I will see God when I die.Sometimes people of other beliefs have stories of amazing happenings,and I feel a little inadequate,until I recollect .
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: I don't expect or feel the need of spiritual phenomenons, being presant at the Consecration is enough and knowing I will see God when I die.Sometimes people of other beliefs have stories of amazing happenings,and I feel a little inadequate,until I recollect .
Amen! And yet when it does happen... well.. you tend to remember.

Anne! You have participated in the giving of Life - God's Right that He shares with you; never feel inadequate!
Any time you feel that way, just gaze at your children.... 'nuff said!

I cherish The Memorare, and deeply trust and revere Our Saviour's Holy Name.

Almighty God, Thank You for the Gift of Your HandMaiden, Mary, and Your Blessed Son, Jesus.
Praying Glory Be... Praying
Jul 11th 2013 new
I worded my post with "only." I would like to retract and rephrase: "one significant" in place of "only" reason I am Catholic . . .
Jul 12th 2013 new
I was once told by A nun to thank my guardian angel daily and silently greet others guardian angel when you meet...I do believe in the holy angels and archangels , that they protect, defend and otherwise intervene when asked, believed or acknowledged with prayer & thanksgiving angel theheartlisa
Jul 12th 2013 new
When I heard that Pope Benedict XVI was elected, I felt a voice say, "I did that." And I thought, "Wow, God told me he chose the pope!" Later, I heard about the pope's election again, and I felt a voice say, "I did that." This time I thought, "Wow, God told me...again!" This happened a third time, too. The third time I thought, "Wow, God must not think I listen very well." But I figure God was just making sure I couldn't/didn't "explain it away."
Jul 12th 2013 new
are you asking if anyone has seen a spirit while sleeping?
Jul 12th 2013 new
Well I saw something when I was 5 stranding one of the gables of the house next door it just looked down at me and didn't say anything. It got me reading about ghosts and all that. The house always had bad elements around it. I even got bit by the dog the one time I babysat for one of the kids that lived there he also got bit in the mouth. I don't believe in ghosts persay I think they are demons masquarading as ghosts or what have you. I made a deal with God long ago I'll leave certain things along and I won't see anything. I haven't since. My current house seems to have bad elements around it the former owner was something of trouble maker and horrible to the neighbors he left the radio blasting on weekend and left the house for three days with it still on. I put a St. Joseph Icon in the kitchen and my problems ended there. I blessed the house myself and had the house blessed by a priest. When the priest came to bless my house he ran into my parked car and scratched up his own....I know some would say this stuff just happens but I've also had 2 breaks in and kids were partying in my back yard amoung other things...long story. Things have gotten better with lots of prayer and a new security system. I've been in trouble at the side of the road late at night at least 3 times and said a prayer to have help show up. I finally got smart and now have AAA. I said a prayer for a washing and dryer since I can't afford to buy them now well the washer showed up still waiting on the dry...lol. I also said a prayer for help with a tree remove and last weekend a guy was kind enought to haul away half a tree for me. Yep prayer work and Angels guard us too. Now if I can only find out where the water in my utility area is coming from....back to prayers. :-)
Posts 1 - 10 of 61