Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Hello Prayer Warriors
For the past six months my daughter has spent more time in the hospital than out due to an infection in her heart and surgery to replace her mitral valve (again). She was released about a month ago and has started cardio rehab and has been progressing wonderfully. During this time my mom (who lives 80 miles away and no longer owns a car) has been harder and harder to get a hold of and more and more tired the few times I've seen her.

Now that my daughter's out of the hospital most of the time, I've had more time and energy to catch up with my mom. Only I can't, because EVERY time I try to call her, she's asleep! She's also fallen three times in the past monh and a half - twice tripping over her little dog. She's cracked her kneecap and dislocated her shoulder in two of those incidents and possibly cracked her tailbone in the last fall.

On the Fourth, we drove out to spend the day with my mom and take her little dog home with us. My mom slept the entire day with the exception of 3 10-15 minutes stretches when we woke her up to eat 2x and the last time to say goodbye. She's only 64. I called her doctor Friday and Monday and left messages about my concerns. Apparently she tried to call me back, but my job was having phone issues and she couldn't get through the first time. I finally spoke with her Tuesday and she shared my concerns and agreed to hospitalize my mom for testing today (Wednesday). Also Tuesday afternoon my daughter started throwing up blood. Again. We had hoped that her throwing up and especially throwing up blood were due to liver failure caused by her heart failure. Well her heart's doing better than it has in years and her liver levels are better than they've been in months. Tomorrow is an endoscopy for my daughter and more tests for my mom, too. They're in hospitals 80 miles apart and I don't have anyone to cover my shift at work, so I'm going to have to try to keep up by phone.

We were blessed by your prayers when we were looking for the cause of my daughter's heart failure (it tooks months of hospitalizations for cat-bite fever to be diagnosed) and I'm praying that God again answers, "yes" to our prayers for correct diagnoses, treatment, and healing of my mom's and daughter's health issues!

Thank you all so much!
Jul 10th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying Praying rosary rosary theheart theheart theheart
Jul 10th 2013 new
Many prayers for your family, Joyce, including you. rosary theheart Praying
Jul 10th 2013 new
Praying Praying rosary rosary theheart theheart rose rose
Jul 11th 2013 new
Praying Praying hug hug Praying Praying God's blessings on all of you!!
Jul 11th 2013 new
Praying
Jul 11th 2013 new
Oh my

Praying Praying Praying rosary rosary rosary theheart theheart theheart

And may you find peace and strength in his loving embrace.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Praying rosary
Jul 11th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying for a return to health of your daughter and mother, and for some relief for respite and relief for you.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Loving prayers for them tonight! Will have our prayer circle notified in the morning! Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 37