Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

"Stay Signed In"

Jul 11th 2013 new
What is the significance, the consequence of either checking or unchecking that "stay signed in" option on the login page?
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: What is the significance, the consequence of either checking or unchecking that "stay signed in" option on the login page?
I have no idea, I have to sign in every time...Very poor!
Jul 11th 2013 new
If you do not check the "Keep me Signed In" box and forget to log out of your account, you'll be signed out after 2 hours of inactivity. We recommend this option for anyone who uses a device that is easily accessed by other people.

If you do check the box your account will remain signed in until you actively sign out of your account, using the sign out button in your account menu. This can be convenient for people who do not use a shared device, but is not recommended for public computers.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Hi Laura,

If you're being asked to sign in each time, there are a few things that can cause this:
  • Physically signing out of your account each time you leave the site
  • Clearing session data either manually or automatically per browser settings
  • You may be clicking on a link or bookmark that leads to the sign in page instead of going straight to http://www.catholicmatch.com *in this case you would still be signed into your account and can just choose any of the options in menu bar to go to the rest of the site
  • My may be clicking on a link or bookmark that leads to the account page and are being asked to verify your password before accessing your private account information. This is a security feature to protect those who choose to stay signed into their accounts long term.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Thank you, Debbie.
I was wondering whether that feature affected my long posts that disappeared upon hitting the Submit button. I always uncheck the Stay Signed In feature.
Jul 12th 2013 new
Hi Lina,

I checked the box so that, if CM emails me to tell me I got a message, or emoticon, or a view from another member, I can quickly click the link CM provides, which launches my browser right to the site. My computers have sign-on passwords, and I use a random generator to get my passwords (if you Google "Random passwords," you'll see what I mean).

It is a convenience. The moderator offers good suggestions. My personal suggestion is, never log on to CM from any device except your own - don't do it at the library, or at work computers, or coffee shop computers, etc.

God bless, Doug
Jul 12th 2013 new
Ooh--why do you advise not logging in at work? (apart from stealing company time) Does it have to do with the supposition that companies spy on their employees' computer usage? Or something else?
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Ooh--why do you advise not logging in at work? (apart from stealing company time) Does it have to do with the supposition that companies spy on their employees' computer usage? Or something else?
Yes and yes. Many, many employers use what is called "keystroke logging," which means they record each and every keystroke you make - including passwords. They do this by pre-loading your work computer with a "spy" program.

They do this to monitor employees who may be goofing off, but of course, it may feel like "spying" to some. It is perfectly legal - it is, after all, their equipment.

SO, if you use your employer's computer to go internet shopping, or personal emailing, or Catholic Matching, someone may be watching. Always act as if someone is.

Solution? Carry your personal laptop to work, and link it to your cell phone, or to a plug-in phone card - if you don't know how, just ask your internet provider (ATT, Verizon, etc.). It costs a little more to do this, but don't you agree it's worth your peace of mind?

Sorry for this discouraging news, but it is a fact of life these days. Best, Doug
Posts 1 - 8 of 8