Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

In some of the other threads tonight I noticed there were some comments made about possible dis-like or maybe un-acceptance of Chubby people....

Chubby people are part of God's creation too....God loves Chubby people and God loves Thin people and everyone in between......

The younger people have sometimes shown an intollerence of Chubby people....They are not drug addicts or drunks or serial rapists or pedifiles or a detriment to society....

Did you ever see the plus size models on T.V.,,,they are gorgeous....

I said earlier that Chubby women and Thin women are ALL Beautiful when they show kindness,,compassion and a loving heart...This goes for men as well....

There are rotten Thin people and rotten Chubby people,,and there are wonderful Thin people and wonderful Chubby people...

My wife was a little chubby....As a husband it added to her sensuality,,,, I think...

Now,,,how do you feel about Chubby people....??? Do you dismiss them as different ??? I hope not,,,,Would you ever consider a Chubby woman Sweetheart or a Chubby man Sweetheart..

If you do not consider anyone that is not perfect,,(( IN YOUR EYES )),,,are you limiting your chances for forever Sweetheart love ...??
ME Thinks so ....!!
What Think You..???
Jul 12th 2013 new

No feelings out there on this ,,I guess
Jul 12th 2013 new
It has to be the brainwashing from the media. I noticed that I started paying attention more to who the person is inside than the person's physique after rejecting the superficial messages that come from magazines, certain films, television programs, and songs too. We are missing out on wonderful people when we dismiss anyone according to their measurements. A person's worth is not to be measured by their physical assets.
Jul 12th 2013 new
I think our world is so caught up in this looks thing. I really can't believe it. I think people miss out on some wonderful people because they don't find them physically attractive right away. I only thought about this when I very first dated someone in jr. high. By high school, most of the guys that others found attractive, weren't to me because their personalities weren't very nice. They weren't sincere people.

Personally I find people more attractive physically once I know them and begin to see their heart. If there is no heart there, they never do seem physically attractive to me. I think that's why I wrote my profile the way I did. : )
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-119096 said: I think our world is so caught up in this looks thing. I really can't believe it. I think people miss out on some wonderful people because they don't find them physically attractive right away.
Personally I find people more attractive physically once I know them and begin to see their heart. If there is no heart there, they never do seem physically attractive to me. 

So beautifully stated....!
Jul 12th 2013 new
Beauty fades and age will catch up with us all.
Jul 12th 2013 new
I believe that our world has recreated what is acceptable. There was a time when a skinny woman was considered undesirable because it was a sign that she didn't eat well, thus making her poor. It's a shallow way of categorizing, but it is a great way to illustrate what drives us. In this day and age we have a new idea of what is wanted and the rest of the world has very little say in the matter.
I don't think that someone with extra pounds is not worth making a connection with (and I would be a huge hypocrite if I did). I honestly care about the person inside, and the physical attraction is something that comes later. When I care about the personality then I see their traits come out in physical form... if that makes sense.
Jul 12th 2013 new
She can be a chubby as she likes, but I need to be able to lead her through this: wink

www.catholicmatch.com

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: She can be a chubby as she likes, but I need to be able to lead her through this:

http://www.catholicmatch.com/galleries/albums/1508615.jpg?c=2013-06-1716:51:51

Matt you are quite the Fred Astaire....I marvel at the grace of dancers and also musicians....
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Matt you are quite the Fred Astaire....I marvel at the grace of dancers and also musicians....
Actually Kenny I am not quite Fred Astaire, but I am progressing!
Posts 1 - 10 of 94