Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I so miss being in love! I miss the warmth and happiness that deep commitment can bring. To be loved is to know what life is really about, and when you don't have it, even the sunrises don't look so pretty. Fireflies are boring and rainbows just aren't as beautiful.
We all deserve love. It is a gift from God. It can't be bought, stolen or wished on a star for :goldstar
I long to have that again...
Jul 12th 2013 new

I too miss all the joy of having a Sweetheart..A real Sweeheart...One who we can be transparent with and be totally comfortable with as well....

I agree with you Trish,,,we all do deserve love....Sometimes we mess it up by overthinking...

I wonder how many others here have had REAL love and miss it as well..???????????
Jul 12th 2013 new
I don't miss what I GOT as much as I miss having someone to GIVE to.

(Kids don't count.)
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't miss what I GOT as much as I miss having someone to GIVE to.

(Kids don't count.)

Marge,,
Maybe some of us,,like myself,,,aren't wise enough to know what you meant..!! /////??????
Jul 12th 2013 new
I miss having someone to do little things for. Like:
- taking him a drink on a hot day
- cooking a favorite meal
- handing him the comics before I read them myself
- running an errand so he doesn't have to

No matter how much we do for our kids, there's not the same satisfaction as there is in doing it for someone you've chosen to love and care for/about.

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I miss having someone to do little things for. Like:
- taking him a drink on a hot day
- cooking a favorite meal
- handing him the comics before I read them myself
- running an errand so he doesn't have to

No matter how much we do for our kids, there's not the same satisfaction as there is in doing it for someone you've chosen to love and care for/about.

Thank you Marge,,,,
I want you to enjoy yourself so could you please bring me a large glass of Ice Tea with extra lemon and a hint of orange,,along with a large piece of cheery cheesescake...??

I'll find other little things that you could enjoy doing for me later....How is your Lasagna baking..?????
Jul 12th 2013 new
Okey dokey, hunnybuggles. Expect a shipment via FedEx. Just remember not to touch the dry ice with your bare hands, since I won't be there to kiss them better.

PS - Funny you should ask about lasagna. It's the one thing I cook that the kids always beg me to make again soon.
Beer of vegetarian? scratchchin
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Okey dokey, hunnybuggles. Expect a shipment via FedEx. Just remember not to touch the dry ice with your bare hands, since I won't be there to kiss them better.

PS - Funny you should ask about lasagna. It's the one thing I cook that the kids always beg me to make again soon.
Beer of vegetarian?

So,,,should I be excited..???
Jul 12th 2013 new
eyepopping
You have to ask? boggled
You're dealing with ME here. lovestruck!
BTW, absolutely right about the ego thang, but I prefer to describe it has having a realistic appreciation of my own value.
Jul 12th 2013 new
Love among other humans is definitely a gift from God; but so are those sunrises, fireflies, and rainbows. God created those things to show us just how much HE loves us. In the midst of missing human love, which is just a small glimmer of the overwhelming love He feels for us, we can find comfort in the fact that He loves us so much that we can't begin to understand it, and it is in a very personal wonderful way that, if we even began to understand it's depth, should make us feel warm and content (this sounds a bit overtly spiritual but I really think it's true, and not in an esoteric sense, but in a very real, makes you feel like standing next to a fire on a cold day and eating warm popcorn sort of way). When we are missing human love I think we can take some (actually lots of!) solace in the love of someone who created every aspect of us with his own hands and loves us, and follows us to the ends of the earth no matter what we do, and creates rainbows, fireflies, mountains, babbling brooks, cool breezes, and everything else to help us understand, just a little but, how enthusiastically he loves us!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10