Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I am sure I am opening a can of worms here but I am curious to see what everyone thinks, male and female.

Matt Fradd posted about this on his blog, which can be found here, along with a video:
mattfradd.com

I found the video to be very informative, especially the information about the Princeton University study and also the fact that a stripper had to model the first one, no models would!

So --- what do you think? Should a Christian woman wear a bikini? Why or why not?

I personally find myself asking the question - would you feel comfortable wearing only your underwear in public? If not, then when are you comfortable wearing a bikini?
And are our clothing choices really all about our own comfort or rather, the comfort of those around us?
Jul 12 new
Katie:

A lot of women wear two piece bathing suits. Some of them are rather small.

I think a real bikini is very small though. Then there are those women who
go topless on beaches that allow it.

Well, the correct answer is probably, "They should not." It is just so common
to see small bathing suits. That is all I am going to say.

Good post though.
Jul 12 new
My answer would be- no not O.K.,modesty always is first.Bikini swimwear are definitely not modest !
Jul 12 new
SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

No man is touching this.... LOL... nor am I...

All I will say is this, I will never recommend specifically what a woman should wear, unless she specifically asks my opinion. And that applies only to a woman I personally know. So, unless you know me well already, don't bother asking here. However, I will say that I much prefer to see a woman in a tasteful dress than in pants.
Jul 12 new
O .K.,here goes...swim wear is still clothing and wearing it shouldn't be an opportunity to show off,as it is often used for.Now ,recently I took children to a public pool in Summer for a swim-and wished I hadn't...although I had a one piece one I was keenly aware of idle looks from men as I walked-uggh! Who in their right mind would want to feed this bad attention!I am waaay more comfortable wearing board shorts and rashy now,and know I'm not encouraging bad thoughts and behavior in men. smile
Jul 12 new
Nothing wrong with it, as long as she wears solely for her husband's enjoyment in the privacy of their home.
Jul 12 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Nothing wrong with it, as long as she wears solely for her husband's enjoyment in the privacy of their home.
Paul, even then, very few would want the bikini.
Jul 12 new
I guess the question would be, "Do you feel safe and comfortable wearing underwear in public?" Whom are you trying to entice? Would you wear it to church? Would you wear it in front of Jesus or Our Lady?

wearing something like that for your husband is one thing. Wearing it to attract attention is another. How much self respect do you have? Is self respect important to you?
Jul 12 new
As Paul stated, there is nothing morally wrong with it in the proper forum: a wife pleasing her husband in an intimate setting.

Wearing a bikini in public is not only immodest, but also indecent (i.e., opposed to Christian custom) and an act of thievery (stealing what rightfully belongs to one's husband and giving it freely to any and all).
Jul 12 new
No. I don't think one peices are modest either. Why do men generally wear swim trunks, but women wear the equivalent of swim underwear? I wear swim shorts and a long tankini top.
Posts 1 - 10 of 164