Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Partiality

Jul 13th 2013 new
I have bumped into people and known, where they are made to feel like sub citizens, less then human, and they loathed who they were, even accepted that they were worth less then other, more attractive and well to do people. Even though, their hearts were in the right spot, often on a much higher level, then who they thought and spoke of, it sickens me that this exists in modern society.

I have talked to and shared with people that were absolutely destitute, to people working in the grocery store, and everywhere else, and it's this common theme going on. Our society bases so vastly much along vanity in all ways, that we have lost a giant amount of our humanity the past several decades. I see souls, and what I see are beautiful, regardless of age, regardless of how they look, regardless of if they have a handicap, or any of that! These same people are our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, and we make them feel like absolute garbage. I say no to the status quo, no to how we treat our fellow man and forget this whole, you gotta look this way, make this much money, drive this kind of a car, etc., this is absolute bull "can't say the word here"!!!

Next time you are out and about, don't limit your conversation with one person over another, based upon their circumstance, how they look, or any other reason. Make sure you are dealing with all people without partiality and know that you may indeed, be entertaining the company of Angels!

Jul 13th 2013 new
Like so many other things you write, this is very thoughtful...and very thought-provoking. Makes one want to examine one's conscience.
Thanks.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Brian,

i have worked as a nurse for over 33 years and have met and taken care of the most wonderful and precious people from all walks of life. I have also had the occasional exception to that statement too. There are cranky people who I realize are afraid of letting others in for fear of one thing or another, but I try to breach the wall. Sometimes I can and other times not...there isn't enough time in one shift. I am far from perfect and I don't feel that I am a threat to most people. I wear my heart on my sleeve which sometimes leaves me open to being hurt but also allows me to be open.

My family said I was gullible when I gave this man on the side of the road money. What if that was the only money he had received that day? After work one morning, I went to a fast food place offering buy one breakfast sandwich and get one free. There was a man sitting on the curbing that got the free one.

i have been on the receiving end of assistance and it was a humbling experience. I needed help with an electric bill and received it through aid that was set up. I have never forgotten what that felt like and haven't needed it since Thank God. I did need help with financing care for my handicapped son...an adult daycare program. I talked to many people and 23 programs and only one that wanted us, that we met criteria (meaning adult diapers). If life
was only that simple.

We all have handicaps...don't we? We all live with a type of isolation whether self imposed or
environmental in one fashion or another. We have to get out of the box.

Thanks for your thread Brian.

Jul 13th 2013 new
To spend time with the Anawim is to spend time with the same crowd that Jesus enjoyed. Jesus had associations with every segment of society but the poor and marginalized were/are dear to Him. If we want life with Him we need to embrace his crowd with sincerity and love.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Brian - What a beautiful post! It's so easy to look past those less fortunate then we are and are not by society's definition "attractive". If we took the time each day to speak to someone or even smile, this world woud surely be a better place and God would be smiling on us too!
Jul 13th 2013 new
Thank you all for sharing, your kind words, and compliments. Seeing someone go from just living in a dark cloud, to a glimmer of light come from them, words cannot describe. I've had some amazing times and experiences with people, from all walks of life, and this whole, stepping out of my comfort zone has enriched my life vastly.

People are not who they appear on the surface at all, and I get this in my own world from time to time, where there is this pre-disposition that melts away once a dialog is started. The other side of this coin, in business that caters to other business owners, I've seen so many that may appear well to do, have plenty of all that the world has to offer, but inside, lacking in so many areas. It almost makes me think that wealth and physical appearance is a curse, for they rely upon it far too much, rather then work on themselves.

From my own personal journey, my self image was terrible most of my life, it gives me some insight directly in how these people's state of mind and being are. Many people never break out of that mold, and at the same time, some are just so puffed up with themselves, that their reality is delusional. To thyne own heart be true, is pretty much it in a nutshell. And being raised with the mistaken belief that one is never good enough for God, that we are so unworthy, must be put into proper context. The old, Catholic guilt factor, should be countered with that we are Children of God, with rights and privileges only sons and daughters of His have awarded to them. We are not merely creations, or subjects, but heirs.

This is my last day here, likely my last post, and if so, have a wonderful life, in the faith and otherwise. Continue to shine bright with His Love, and remain in his gentle embrace.

Brian
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: People are not who they appear on the surface at all, and I get this in my own world from time to time, where there is this pre-disposition that melts away once a dialog is started.  I've seen so many that may appear well to do, have plenty of all that the world has to offer, but inside, lacking in so many areas. It almost makes me think that wealth and physical appearance is a curse, for they rely upon it far too much, rather then work on themselves.
Many people never break out of that mold, and at the same time, some are just so puffed up with themselves, that their reality is delusional. To thyne own heart be true, is pretty much it in a nutshell. And being raised with the mistaken belief that one is never good enough for God, that we are so unworthy, must be put into proper context. The old, Catholic guilt factor, should be countered with that we are Children of God, with rights and privileges only sons and daughters of His have awarded to them. We are not merely creations, or subjects, but heirs.

This is my last day here, likely my last post, and if so, have a wonderful life, in the faith and otherwise. Continue to shine bright with His Love, and remain in his gentle embrace.

Brian
very True and very well said. biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 7 of 7