Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

I am 42 and have 6 kids that I have full physical and legal custody of. I was married for 16 years and we had 4 biological kids and adopted 2 little girls before the marriage ended due to extreme difficulties. My kids are great children! I am a very competent single parent and have time to add dating and hopefully a serious relationship to my life. My children are comfortable with this. I'd welcome more children. But....I get lots of views and then folks move on. I am considering dropping my membership, even though it is difficult to meet faithful Catholic's locally. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Jul 13th 2013 new
Deb,

My thought on this is that it isn't the kids that scare people. It's the situation. That's my two cents.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Deb,

I have 4 kids biological and one adopted. I've found the same. Recently with only three at home I've had much more "traffic". Perhaps it is just too much to think about and then bridge the gap. I'm all for a "Yours, Mine, and Ours" situation.... I had one man I was interested in who had 6.... Didn't phase me!

Hope your journey turns around. God has something planned....

Blessings,
Michelle.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Thanks, Michelle:) I appreciate the reminder that God's plan will be revealed in time! Patience is a virtue I am working on.

Jul 13th 2013 new
Firstly ,I take my hat off to you roseThe man who finds you will be "over himself",keen on growing continually
and will be able to take everything in his stride.God bless in everything you do smile
Jul 13th 2013 new
Hi Deb,

On account of fertility issues, my former spouse and I sought adoption 14 years ago, and today have a wonderful teenage boy. I want you to know I very much wanted to adopt more children, but my ex- was adamant against it. I come from a family of four siblings. My ideal family is 3-5 children, as I indicate on my profile.

I can only speak for myself. Both my son (an "only" child) and I would love to join a larger family. He has told me so himself.

May God bless you in your search for the perfect match.
Jul 13th 2013 new
I am with you...as a mother of 3 and a Dad who only has supervised visits, Men have often given me the excuse of they "don't want the drama" of someone who comes with kids. For me, I don't care how many kids the guy has as I always wanted a big family. You sound like an awesome mom! :) It's not easy being a single parent.
Jul 14th 2013 new
I have 4 young adult children and get plenty of "looks" but very little activity. It doesn't bother me because I already have a very busy life but I am almost 100 percent certain that men shy away from me because of the kids. The only other thing I can think of that might be scaring them away is because I am annulled rather than widowed/never married (this is a definite issue here on CM). Of course the ole 7/7 could be a problem too as most of the men here are 5/7 (no need to guess; you already know).

I would say focus on your kids for now; enjoy them while they are home. Men in general are "hunters/gatherers" and are not really interested in helping support someone else's brood.
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I have 4 young adult children and get plenty of "looks" but very little activity. It doesn't bother me because I already have a very busy life but I am almost 100 percent certain that men shy away from me because of the kids. The only other thing I can think of that might be scaring them away is because I am annulled rather than widowed/never married (this is a definite issue here on CM). Of course the ole 7/7 could be a problem too as most of the men here are 5/7 (no need to guess; you already know).

I would say focus on your kids for now; enjoy them while they are home. Men in general are "hunters/gatherers" and are not really interested in helping support someone else's brood.
my marriage is annulled plus i am seven out of seven do look at woman with several children nothing bothers me but close mildness . i have chatted with so many woman here who are under that mark . do not condemn no one . thats why under seven communicate with me only wish they were closer . The plus here is to read the articles and blogs . who knows .
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Colleen-329593 said: I am with you...as a mother of 3 and a Dad who only has supervised visits, Men have often given me the excuse of they "don't want the drama" of someone who comes with kids. For me, I don't care how many kids the guy has as I always wanted a big family. You sound like an awesome mom! :) It's not easy being a single parent.
I had a man tell me that he didn't want to "come between the kids and their dad." Which might be understandable if I hadn't already told him that my kids hadn't seen their dad in years (his choice).
Posts 1 - 10 of 200