Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mass

Jul 13 new
Praying I like to go to Mass on Saturday night with my Mom. Which do you prefer? Saturday or Sunday Morning?
Jul 13 new
Sunday. Definitely.

Why?
  • Saturday vigil has always seemed a bit like "cheating".
  • In my diocese, vigil is nearly always at 4 pm, which is right in the middle of whatever I'm doing. I'd much prefer 7 or 8 pm but it's not offered.
  • Habit. Back when the fast was from midnight on, my father always took the family to the earliest Mass possible. Which sometimes was wide eyed 5:30 or 6:00 am.
  • Also, I generally make it to morning Mass, and prefer not to go twice in one day.
Jul 13 new
I actually like to walk the 2 miles to 5:30pm Saturday Mass and also go to 9am or 11:30am Mass on Sundays. I like going by myself or with friends, usually fellow Franciscans, Saturday night and I always go as a family with my children on Sunday. I like the fewer distractions/responsibilities of going without the kids, but I also love worshiping with them too!
I don't get to go to both every weekend, of course, because of concerts, parties, work, sick kids or whatever
I also love going to daily Mass -- often walking or biking as time and the weather allows.
Jul 13 new
Normal routine:
7:30AM, Sunday, May thru October
5:30PM, Sunday, November thru April

Routine breaker-upper throughout the year...flip a coin:
5:30PM, Saturday
11:15AM, Sunday

Almost never:
9:15AM, Sunday
Too many noisey, wriggley kids boggled
Jul 13 new
I love going to mass any time.
Jul 13 new
I love going to mass any time.
Jul 13 new
I like 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning, and that's usually what happens in the summer. At other times of the year it varies because I'm in the choir and we rotate among the three weekend Masses.

Last weekend, though, I had lector duty at 5:30 PM Saturday.

I can't get to daily Mass regularly because almost all of them around town conflict with work. But I have been taking off to go on First Friday.
St. Luke out by Cheat Lake has a 6:30 PM on Wednesday, I might try going to that sometime.
Jul 13 new
I don't have particular time. The main thing is we go to celebrate the mass.
Jul 14 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I like to go to Mass on Saturday night with my Mom. Which do you prefer? Saturday or Sunday Morning?
Saturday evening or Sunday evening (they have a few here.)
Jul 14 new
7 p.m. Sunday here. I find it easier to concentrate in the evening.
Posts 1 - 10 of 112