Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

A blank page

Jul 14th 2013 new
If you could -- and maybe you can -- just start a new life, where would you go, what would you do?
(Assum you don't need to care for parents or kids or even grandkids and that finances weren't a stumbling block.)
Jul 14th 2013 new

I would go to ""Happyland"""",,,,I would go house to house with tons of food and money and meaningful books and literature and songs of joy,,,,I would distribute all of these to all and as much as they needed....

Of course I would have a Sweetheart with me and of me and part of me ,,,where we can SHARE ideas of how to constantly improve the ways we can help people...

Then at night we would thank God for ALL,,,,,,, and my Sweetheart and I would recline to our tent or living space and express our feelings towards each other for hours.......

And have some awesome peanut butter and jelly sandwiches,,,,,with strawberry or grape jam..
Jul 14th 2013 new
Atlantic Coast in Florida. Somewhere south of Jacksonville, maybe Flagler Beach area. Visited my niece in April & we went down there to check out a 55+ community. I hope to spend a few winter months there after I retire this next April.
Jul 15th 2013 new
I would go to Africa and see the mountain gorillas in Rwanda, something I have always wanted to do and my sweet late husband had no interest in. I would also like to see the Vatican.
Jul 18th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: If you could -- and maybe you can -- just start a new life, where would you go, what would you do?
(Assum you don't need to care for parents or kids or even grandkids and that finances weren't a stumbling block.)
marge,

i'd like to see this thread in other rooms as well so more could participate. good topic.
Jul 19th 2013 new
Thanks for the suggestion.
I put it in here because:
- I thought it more likely that widowed people would have thought of this
- most of us who are widowed are a little older and need to think about the future
Jul 19th 2013 new
One of my goals is to put my canoe in the Wabash River near the start and take it to New Orleans. The other would be to have a log house in the hills and just live the simple life. Taking care of those around me and enjoying all of God's creation. (in peace and quiet) But, I am just a dumb country boy from Southern Indiana, what do I know?

Now, to find someone who is up for this.
There lies the real challenge!
Jul 19th 2013 new
First I'd check with my bank to make sure "The Millionaire" made the deposit he promised. wink Then I'd sell or trash everything that's not a "treasure". Then..I'd put my "treasures" in storage. OK...ready to start spending against that deposit! First purchase...an SUV that's powerful enough to take mountain roads and big enough for me to sleep in once in awhile . Don't do camping...ground's too hard!! tongue Then I'd load up and head off on a stream-of-consciousness wanderlust trip around the U.S.
Jul 19th 2013 new
What a BLAST! Huck Finn all over again.
I hope you can do it -- and post pictures!
Jul 19th 2013 new
Let me know when the check clears, and I'll join you. I have a tent and will leave the SUV for you to sleep in alone. tongue
Posts 1 - 10 of 14